Electronic Press Kit
The Artist Page Project
Ledger Paper & Sticky Notes
- Look at five (or more) musician sites (choose three out of the seven that are given to you below, and two of your own choice).
- Identify which items are necessary to have on such a site and what would be nice to have. Write the items on sticky notes and arrange them on a ledger-sized piece of paper.
- Take up as a class to co-construct the criteria for the assignment. What makes a quality site for a musician?
- Brainstorm tools to use for your project.
Bio Break Down
In groups of three:
- Every seven minutes travel to a station with example biographies. Each station represents a different genre of music.
- Using the template, identify the elements included in each biography and organize them on the template, i.e., in which paragraph should you, generally, find these elements? Note any differences between biographies and genres, and note them on the template.
- Take up as a class to co-construct the criteria for the assignment.
- Promotional language
- First paragraph should be able to stand alone (and be the same as your short bio). *WhatWouldDrakeDo?
PICASSO: THREE MUSICIANS. - Oil on canvas by Pablo Picasso, 1921.. Fine Art. Encyclopædia Britannica ImageQuest. Web. 18 May 2016.
Robert Ballagh biography. Photography. Encyclopædia Britannica ImageQuest. Web. 18 May 2016.