Digital Journey 6- Ms. Smith
What is this class About?
Just because students may know how to surf the web, play games, use Social Media, doesn't mean they know how to use technology to enhance their learning. In Digital Journey 6, we will explore many ways to use technology and their own devices to enhance learning in the classroom! Students will focus on using proper and good keyboarding skills and increasing their Words Per Minute (WPM), learn Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher. They also will learn about Digital Citizenship and Create a Restaurant as a final project combining all the skills they have learned all year.
- Entering the classroom: Students will enter in a respectful manner: quiet, under control & in a timely manner. Go to assigned seat, and read & follow the directions given on the PowerPoint that will be running on the on the front board.
- Tardy to class: Students are considered tardy to class if they are not in the classroom and in their seat when the bell rings.
- “Something to write with”: Students are required to have a pencil or pen, folder and any other required material needed for class everyday.
- Turning in assignments: Assignments are expected to be turned in on the day they are due or submitted through Google Classroom.
- Student responsibilities after an absence: It is the responsibility of the student to see the teacher or check Google Classroom to get any notes or make-up work. One day will be allowed to work for each day missed.
- Communication procedures with parents and families: Occasional emails, notes or phone calls will be sent home for various reasons. The agenda is a great tool for communication as well. Parents are always invited to email me.
- Ending class: Towards the end of the hour, the teacher will direct the class to “Clean up your workstation”. Students are expected to return their materials to the appropriate places neatly, log-off their computer,and stay in their assigned seat until bell rings. They will be dismissed when the bell rings
Supply List - Needs to be Brought to Class Everyday
- Pencil or Pen
- A device with a camera (Smartphone or Tablet with iOS or Android) on occasion - optional
- Access to Google Chrome Browser and Internet at home (IF student needs to work at home for this class) - Highly recommended
- Ear Buds
BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
Units of Study
- Email and Email Etiquette
- Google Classroom
- Internet and Search Engines
- Google Drive
- Keyboarding (Typing)
- Image Capture & Shortcuts
- Drawing Toolbars
- Continued Keyboarding
- Digital Citizenship
- Cyber Safety Poster Project using Google Docs & Drawing using Publisher
- Book Editor Project using MS Word
- Basics of Excel
- Creating Charts in Excel
- Augmented Reality (AR)
- Start Restaurant Project
- MS Word or Google Docs
- MS Excel
- MS Publisher, MS PowerPoint OR Canva
- Drawing Tools to Design Restaurant Floorplan