Northern Hills Library News
Science Matters in the Library
At the stations, the students drew and described examples of different states of matter using the Skitch app, reviewed vocabulary by scanning QR codes, identified and classified items in jars, labeled items on a worksheet, used the Pebble Go database about matter, used Brittanica online to try an educational matter game, read an ebook and identified nonfiction text features and even performed an experiment,
Lucas Miller, The Singing Zoologist
Once described as “Dr. Doolittle, Bruce Springsteen, and Robin Williams all rolled up in one," Lucas performs for about 80,000 children annually at schools, libraries, and family events throughout the nation. He delights children and parents alike with his dynamic stage presence and songs like “The Anaconda La Bamba,” “A Snake’s NOT Slimy” and “Gotta Take Care of the Hive.”
Prior to his visit, the students were able to preview his books and enjoy his DVD's.
To see more about Lucas Miller go to http://singingzoologist.com/.
Literary Pumpkin Contest
Teachers Never Stop Learning
- 3,107 total items were checked out.
- Check outs by grade level PK-222, K-362,1st-407, 2nd-899, 3rd-275, 4th-362, 5th-496, staff-84
- 115 Overdrive ebook check outs
- 385 individual walk ins
- 68 lessons were taught. Lessons were taught on life cycles, animal adaptations and properties of matter.
- 32 classes came in for check out only.
- Book Fair Nov. 2-7
- Fall Break Reading Challenge
Follow us on Twitter! N Hills @librarycockers
Find out all the great things going on in the Northeast Libraries.
Follow them on Facebook-NEISD Library Services