a Cohen Career Center publication
What You'll Find
- Resource Spotlight: How to Ace an Interview
- Are you a student or recent graduate looking for a job or internship? Investigate numerous opportunities at an upcoming career expo in Leesburg
- Check out a few quick tips to get the most out of this important document
- Learn more about Saturday's event, which invites distinguished speakers representing a variety of careers, including education and human services
Hanover Research Freelance Opportunity
- Looking for part-time work? Hanover Research is looking for highly qualified individuals to support ongoing market research projects in the Higher Education
- The good news? You've found a killer internship. The bad news? It doesn't pay. Learn how you can fund unpaid internships through Tribe Careers
Resource Spotlight: Acing the Interview
- Questions to consider asking in your interview
- Researching the company's mission and values
- What to wear? We've got you covered with our Dress to Impress closet!
- Remember the nonverbals (eye contact, solid handshake, etc.)
- Take time to say, "thanks!"
Leesburg Career Expo!
- Keep the format clean, well-organized, and easy-to-read; use clear labels
- Tailor your resume to the skills and experiences most desirable to the employer
- Don't forget the value of extracurricular experience (clubs, orgs, sports teams, etc.)
- In bulleted descriptions, be specific and point to the results of your work
- Use strong action verbs to start your descriptions
- Build your own resume, but view samples for inspiration
- Visit the Cohen Career Center during quick advising hours for a resume review
Hanover Research Freelance Opportunity
Who They Are: Hanover Research is looking for highly qualified individuals to support ongoing market research projects in the Higher Education sector. Ideal candidates will be current graduate students in education or humanities fields. This is an opportunity to gain on-the-ground research experience for one of the leading market research firms in the country, and to help make a tangible impact on higher education operations.
What It Is: The Hanover Content Network (HCN) is a network of individuals who complete project work (typically 30-40 hours per project) on an ad hoc basis. Project timelines range from 1 to 4 weeks. Most work is focused on evaluating the market for different kinds of degree programs, and involves light data analysis and synthesis of secondary source material.
How It Works: Available contract work is posted to an online site, and participants bid for projects that match their expertise and availability. To become a member of the network, you will need to participate in a brief online training session, facilitated by Hanover’s Learning & Development Team, and complete a short written assessment.
To Apply: Contact Allyson Grennille, Managing Content Director at Hanover Research, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails should include your full name, current degree program and institution, and contact details (email and phone).
F.U.S.E. Internship Funding
Simply log-in to Tribe Careers and use the left menu to navigate to the "W&M Jobs and Internships" tab. Next to "All Position Types" on the database menu, you'll find a "F.U.S.E. Funding" tab. Clicking this option will reveal a list of scholarship opportunities from departments across campus that you can apply for right through Tribe Careers.
Deadline to apply: Friday, April 14 at 2:59 p.m.
Share the Love!
Feedback on this newsletter? Did you find this content useful? Is there something we left out that interests you? Please email email@example.com with any comments or suggestions.
Know someone else who would like to receive this? They can subscribe by logging in to TribeCareers. Next, select Profile>Academic. Scroll to the bottom of the screen to see the section called Areas of Interest. Select both or one of the following interest areas: Education and Counseling or Psychology,
Wish to unsubscribe? If you do not want to receive future issues of this newsletter, you can unsubscribe by editing your Areas of Interest on TribeCareers.