FALL GUNN COUNSELING NEWSLETTER
9TH GRADE - FALL
REACHING YOUR COUNSELOR
Counselor assignments can be found in Infinite Campus:
Andrea Bueno: 650-354-826, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jorge Chavez: 650-354-822, email@example.com
Myesha Dickson: 650-354-8207 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonathan Fidani: 650-354-8220 email@example.com
Derek Johanson: 650-849-7935 firstname.lastname@example.org
David Leftwich: 650-354-8225 email@example.com
Erin Reyes: 650-354-8242 firstname.lastname@example.orgCora Ross: 650-354-8290 email@example.com
9th GRADE PARENT NIGHT
Wednesday, Sep. 23rd 2020 at 6:15pm
This is an online event.
Join the counseling team for introductions and to learn about how we work with our 9th grade students and families to plan out academic, extracurricular, and college/career goals.
The virtual event can be accessed using the following Zoom link:
Please use the form below to share any topics of interest or questions you would like discussed at the event.
Spend time exploring what interests you! Although school is virtual at this time, there are many ways to try different activities, explore your passions, and make connections with your peers.
- Join a club
- Participate in Gunn athletics
- Volunteer in the local community
- Audition for music/theater productions
The fall Club Fair will take place on September 23rd during Gunn Together and lunch. Take this opportunity to watch club promo videos, visit with club officers, and to find the right fit for you!
Here is the 2020-2021 Gunn Club List.
"LUNCH WITH YOUR COUNSELOR"
Students, we want to get to know you! Zoom in to visit with your counselor, as a questions, or just to say hello! Zoom links will be sent out via Schoology.
- Ms. Bueno: October 14th, 11:40-12:10pm
- Mr. Chavez: October 12th, 12:35-1:05pm
- Ms. Dickson: October 12th, 12:35-1:05pm
- Mr. Fidani: October 13th, 11:40-12:10pm
- Mr. Johanson: October 15th, 11:40-12:10pm
- Mr. Leftwich: October 12th, 12:35-1:05pm
- Ms. Reyes: October 16th, 11:40-12:10pm
- Ms. Ross: October 14th, 11:40-12:10pm
The transition to high school takes time and can be challenging. If it hasn't quite gone the way you hoped, or if you'd like to talk it through with someone, please consider the following supports:
- Visit The Virtual Wellness Center
- Consider therapeutic supports on campus
- Reach out to your counselor
We encourage you to work towards developing strong study habits, organization, and time management. If you your is struggling, please consider the following supports:
- Use your Academic Planner to as a tool to stay organized and manage your time
- Attend Office Hours regularly for added support and instruction from teachers
Peer Tutoring services are available by clicking HERE
- Communicate directly with your teacher
- Collaborate with your counselor and SELF advisor
As of September 14th, some outdoor campus athletic facilities have been reopened for off season workouts and practice.
Continue to monitor the Gunn Athletics website for important information and updates as it pertains to upcoming athletic seasons.