The Kirk Fenton Pro
Weekly newsletter for staff 21st December 2018
Well we've reached the end of the Autumn term, and so it is Christmas. We have made cards and gifts, some with added germs. We have sung carols and retold the story of the Nativity, this year with added aliens and we've tried as best we can to catch the spirit of Advent amongst shepherds, kings, angels and tonnes of glitter. The term is over and the celebrations and flu are to come....
I wanted to thank you for all the hard work you have put in, not just this term but in the whole year since I arrived last January (I'm sure it feels like longer!). There is still much to do, changes to make and impact to measure but I really feel like we can see positive change in school. I hope you can too. I know I need to remember that change takes time, it's a marathon not a sprint!
I wish you all a wonderful Christmas break, spend time with family and friends, sleep, recover and I look forward to seeing you all in York on Monday 7th January. If you need anything at all over the break, then you have my number.
Messages, Information, reminders and notices
- Training Day - We will meet at 10:00 am at York Railway Station for a morning of fun. Lunch is provided and you need to wear comfortable shoes and dress for the weather!
- School Opening - I will be coming into school from 10am on Thursday 3rd Jan, Theresa will be in school from 8:30 am on Friday 4th and she will also be in on Monday 7th from 7:00 am for anyone needing access.
- Staff meetings - The first meeting back will be on the Wednesday evening after school due to Young Voices on the Tuesday. It will only be a short meeting to follow up on the training day activity. I will be sending out the schedule for meetings over the break.
- Staff Governor - Gemma is stepping down as staff governor in the new year so I will be looking for someone to take on this interesting role. It can be any member of staff, so teacher or TA. Please see the link below if you are interested and let me know by 15th January.
Diary Dates This Week
- Meet in York Station at 10 am
Tuesday 8th -
- Helen Butler in Y1 am
- 12:00 Young Voices to Sheffield
Wednesday 9th -
- 08:00 KW @ Mat HT Meeting TGS
- 13:00 Kw meeting Sue Smith EP
- 3:20 PA/DOC meeting parents HSw
- 3:30 Staff meeting
Thursday 10th -
- Helen Butler in Y1 am
- 09:00 - 12:00 Dance sessions for all classes
- 12:30 KH out
- 16:00 CTu SLT programme York
- 16:00 KW to Kellington Meeting
Friday 11th -
Thank you's and Well done's.....
A huge well done to Becca and Kerry who both achieved 100% in their Moderator assessments and will be qualified to moderate in other schools in the summer term.
This week's birthdays....
Kim on 22nd and Dawn on 29th December