August 23 , 2018
This is just a quick hello to give you a heads up about a few important details for the fall and some things to expect. As a reminder, the first day of school for students is Wednesday, September 5th (full day), and is an "A" day. You will find the Rotation Calendar further on in this newsletter. We look forward to seeing all of your smiling faces next month. In the meantime, enjoy the rest of your summer, and soak up that August sunshine!
A Super Welcome
LHS joins the rest of LTPS in welcoming our new Superintendent, Dr. Ross Kasun! All are invited to attend a reception hosted by the BOE on Wednesday, August 29th from 6:00-7:00 p.m. in the Lawrence High School commons. We hope you'll drop by during to say "hi," "hello," and "how do you do!"
Click HERE for more information.
* Other Announcements *
- Agenda drop-off will begin at 8:30 a.m. at the LHS main entrance.
- Activities will begin in the auditorium at 9:00 a.m.
- A pizza lunch will be provided by Student Council.
- Students can be picked-up at the main entrance at 1:00 p.m.
We look forward to welcoming the class of 2022!
Maschio's Coffee Cart
The 2018-19 Student Device Agreement for Chromebook distribution will be sent to parents directly from our Technology department via email, autodialer, the website, Twitter, Facebook, and Quick News. You can also access the form by logging in to Genesis.
Some changes for 2018-19:
- All students in grades 6-12 will be issued brand new Acer C731 Chromebooks.
- The new warranty (Acer Educare™) covers the cost of only ONE repair per year for accidental damage. Manufacturer's defects are covered without limit.
- Information regarding the new accidental warranty, as well as an updated price list for damaged/lost parts is located at https://sites.google.com/a/ltps.info/technology/1-1-program/warranty
Free & Reduced Meal Program
Free or reduced lunch applications can now be filed online by using the Genesis Parent Portal.
The process is easy. Simply log into the Parent Portal at https://parents.ltps.org:
- Go to the Forms tab
- Select the Free and Reduced Lunch Application
- After completing the application, click the Submit button. The application is then pending and is available to be reviewed by the district official who determines eligibility.
After the application is reviewed, you can find out if you're eligible for free or reduced lunch by checking in your Parent Portal. Please allow a day or two for the decision to be posted.
Paper applications are also available on the district website and in the main office of each school.
Questions? Please contact Beth Farletta at 609-671-5420 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lawrence High School is excited to offer MySchoolBucks®! This online payment service provides a quick and easy way to add money to your student’s meal account using a credit/debit card or electronic check. You can also view recent purchases, check balances, and set-up low balance alerts for FREE! MySchoolBucks provides:
- Convenience - Available 24/7 on the web or through our mobile app.
- Efficiency - Make payments for all your students, even if they attend different schools. Eliminate the need for your students to take money to school.
- Control - Set low balance alerts, view account activity, recurring/automatic payments and more!
- Flexibility - Make payments using credit/debit cards and electronic checks.
- Security – MySchoolBucks adheres to the highest security standards.
Enrollment is easy:
- Go to www.MySchoolBucks.com and register for free.
- Add your students using their school and student ID.
- Make a payment with your credit/debit card or electronic check.
If you have any questions, contact MySchoolBucks directly: email@example.com or 1-855-832-5226.
The LMS/LHS PTO is excited to welcome new members for the 2018-2019 school year! You can now become a member ONLINE with a few simple clicks! Follow the link HERE to join! While you're there, feel free to explore the PTO's brand new website for information regarding sponsored events, the meeting schedule, and how to sign up as a volunteer!
2018-2019 PTO Board Members
President: Bina Indelicato
VP-1: Michelle Morris | VP-2: Sharon Stoneback
VP-Communications: Wendy Simpson, Janie Hermann and Lindsey Bohra
Recording Secretary: Kim Lehrfeld
Treasurer: Susanne Cottone
* ROTATION & BLOCK SCHEDULE *
* SEPTEMBER LUNCH MENU *
Check out the September breakfast and lunch menus by clicking HERE. Menus are now hosted by Nutrislice. You can download their app for more convenient access, view menus for any LTPS school, and more!