News & Updates
June 14, 2016
Background info: Today, both Manzanita Campus principals met with COO, Allen Smith, Network 2 Sup, Sondra Aguilera, Cesar Monterrosa, Joe Dominguez, Director of Student Enrollment, Charles Wilson, & rep of fiscal to finalize the 16-17 SY facilities needs. The following is the final decision:
- TK classroom will be moved to the Manzanita CDC (this includes MCS TK class)
- SDC K-2 class will remain at SEED (this includes MCS SDC classes)
- Room 3 will meet the space needs for Ms. Nuñez 3rd grade class
- Room 14 will be freed up for the Reading Partners and comply with the MOU
- Improve walk-way and stairs that lead to CDC so that both Manzanita TK classes can continue to be serviced as part of the schools' programs.
- PE class will have a large shed purchased by COO, Allen Smith to clear over-crowded hallway
- Capsize 2017-2018 enrollment for Manzanita Campus
- PEC will identify 2 spaces for 2 SDC classes in Network 1 or 3 by Summer 2017, this will free up classroom space
Summer 2017: Possible Plans
Additional space identified- potentially be our music classroom (after Summer 2017)
Room 13 - Spych/Speech/ASP (after Summer 2017)
Room 14 - PE/Playworks/Parent Room (after Summer 2017)
Schedule: Mondays & Thursdays
Psychotherapist - Ilya Parishky
Schedule: Tuesdays & Fridays
Effective: August through December
-donate 300 volunteer hours for counseling sessions for students/families
TGDS STIP: pending proper paper work to fully on-board candidate
Restorative Justice Coordinator - possible reallocation of funds due to staffing issues
Additional Bilingual Psychologist Site bought services - possible reallocation of funds due to staffing issues
Refinement of priorities will be addressed, reviewed, discussed, and voted with the SSC on an emergency meeting scheduled for Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 3:30 PM - location: SEED Office.
Yard Supervisor - Aristides Gonzalez
2nd grade teacher - Meghan Finn
3rd grade teacher - Roxana de la Cortez
4th grade teacher - Alberto Soler
5th grade teacher - Amy Orozco
SDC K-2 - Vacancy
A grant proposal geared at teacher retention/ staff wellness, Educate 78 grant
OLAS Arts Grant - we will find out by the end of the month
UPDATE: ASP Partneship
The partnership between Learning for Life and OUSD will conclude after December 2016.
LFL Executive Board elected to discontinue our partnership with OUSD at the end of this school term. The discussion was centered around the inability of the school contracts to keep pace with the required salaries along with administrative oversight which has been increasing annually for many years. All told, we realized that we no longer can afford to lose over $200,000 annually operating Learning for Life in OUSD.
LFL will support SEED and facilitate a transition to a new agency and work to promote Simone’s fantastic program. More to come!