Tassajara Hills Happenings
August 23, 2021
From Mrs. Hurlburt
This week we are switching to our 'regular' schedule. SLIP begins in Kinder and 1st Grades and Grades 2-5 will attend from 8:00am-2:30pm. You can view the August Calendar HERE. Please be sure your child knows how they are getting home and who will be picking them up. Also remind them if they are ever unsure, they should come to the office.
We had several questions about air quality last week. Please check our District Website for information on how we make decisions regarding air quality.
As we settle into our school routine, we will not be accepting deliveries in the office for students (except in emergency situations). Every time we have to make a phone call to a classroom or make a delivery for a child, it is an interruption to everyone's learning time and we hold learning time sacred at T.H.E. Now that free lunches are available to all students, know that if your child forgets their lunch, one will be provided for them free of charge. We have drinking fountains in all classrooms and around all areas of the school, so water is always available. Forgotten homework or supplies are a learning opportunity for our students. We want them to be responsible for their belongings and create good habits. It's a good idea to help your child establish an evening and morning routine where they get everything ready for school ahead of time. This builds their independence and takes some of the work off your plate! Thank you for your understanding.
8/23 SLIP begins for Kinder/1st Grades. Regular schedule begins for Grades 2-5
8/24 & 8/25 Library Volunteer Training
9/1 PTA Meeting (via Zoom) 9:30am
9/6 Labor Day Holiday
9/8 Site Council Meeting
Wishing everyone a great week ahead.
Your child may need to quarantine if they come into contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19. There are different quarantine options depending on the situation. View this Covid-19 Requirements document for complete instructions on what you need to do to return to school following an illness with Covid-related symptoms, being identified as a close contact or receiving a positive Covid-19 test result. Please note that for unvaccinated students, modified quarantine (continuing to attend school in person, with testing) is available only when both parties are masked (inside and outside). So, while masking outdoors is not required, there are significant advantages for all if your child continues to mask outside.
2:30 - 5:30 p.m.
Tuesdays and Wednesdays, beginning on 8/24 & 8/25
SRVUSD Education Center, 699 Old Orchard Drive, Danville (outside on the grass)
You must sign up in advance by following the instructions posted on our website.
For an additional testing option, Contra Costa County is providing testing without an appointment at their drive thru location in Bishop Ranch.
Address: 2600 Camino Ramon, San Ramon
Testing hours: Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Walk-ins without appointment accepted until 2:30 p.m.
You can also Schedule online
Masking and hand sanitizing are our primary mitigation strategies on campus at this time. Please ensure your child has a mask that fits properly - covers their nose and mouth, and stays in place (no gaiters please).
- Who wants FREE ice cream for their kids and FREE beer for adults?! Fat Maddie's Blackhawk is generously partnering with us on a Back to School Fundraiser. If we get 10 Foundation annual donations in any amount by Sept 6th, we'll unlock free ice cream for all THE kids! On top of that, if we get 10 more donations, we'll unlock free beer for THE adults! If we hit these goals, we'll receive these free items at our Fat Maddie's dining event on Sept 8th and Sept 9th, good for indoor/outdoor dining and take-out. Let's come together and do this, THE community! We just need 20 families to make their annual back-to-school Foundation donations here: Tassajara Hills Elementary School: Authentication
- What does your Foundation donation go towards? This video from Mrs. Hurlburt clearly explains how donations from our parent community make WIN time possible so every child receives intervention and/or extension activities in areas like reading and math. Your donations also fund our new art instructor and additional library time for every student. This is how we, as the parent community, enable a premium education for every child!
- Did you hear the exciting news? Our Auction is going 100% outdoors! To meet varying levels of comfort from our community, we are moving the Auction fully outside at Blackhawk Country Club for a beautiful backdrop under the stars! Purchase your ticket here.
Only One Week left to order Spiritwear! This year PTA is excited to offer a Student Design by Kylie Sakamoto and a Teacher Design by Mrs. Yfantis. Let’s show our excitement to be Back on Campus! A portion of each sale supports PTA programs like Teacher Grants, Art, Copy Center, Scholarships & More! Spiritwear is only available to purchase ONLINE and Sales Close Tuesday, August 31st. It will ship the week of 9/16. Order Here: https://bit.ly/THESpiritwear21-22
Are you passionate about children, education and legislation? PTA is looking for a Legislative Advocacy Representative to keep our school informed. Read more about this role on the CA PTA Website. Email Nicole Bruebaker with any questions.
New to T.H.E? Join our Buddy Program!
The Hawks Buddy Program, sponsored by the PTA, is back for the 2021-2022 school year! This program offers extra support to new families at T.H.E. by connecting them with returning families who can show answer questions and help build new friendships for children and adults!
Want to join as a new or returning family? Sign-up here to participate in this fun and free program, sponsored by the PTA.
- sign up for our Student Directory (so you can connect with other families)
- complete waivers so your family can participate in school events
- make donations to your Child's Classroom and our Foundation
- join PTA
- sign up to volunteer
- order spiritwear.
Now that school is back in session, this means only 2 months until our 2021 T.H.E. AUCTION! The Auction committee has been working hard over the summer to get some amazing auction items and create the most memorable event for all of you.
T.H.E. 2021 Auction
Saturday October 16th
Blackhawk Country Club
We have partnered with the Blackhawk Kids Club at Blackhawk Country Club to offer KIDS CARE the evening of the 2021 T.H.E. Auction!! Make sure you BUY your tickets today and reserve your spot for the kids club! Limited amount of spots; confirmed on a first come, first serve basis.
Please read the form in its entirety before submitting and reach out to Shirine Mitchell email@example.com for any questions.More information and BUY YOUR TICKETS: https://www.thefoundationauction.com.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org