Gray Mouse Lemur
Food Chain and Habitat
- Gray Mouse Lemur are found in the forest of Western and Southern of Madagascar(BBC).
- Gray mouse Lemur also live in nest; their nest only last for 5 days before making new one because they can be easily tracked by predators by their odor.
- They like warm temperature, tropical areas, and hot dry region.
- They live in Tree holes during the day to protect themselves from predators.
- Gray mouse Lemur eats insects, flowers, and nectar; they are also carnivore(wikipedia).
- Gray mouse Lemur are preys of owls, snakes, and fossa(Wikipedia).
- Gray mouse lemur sleeps during the day and only come out at night to avoid predators(BBC).
- They have a special element in their eyes so they can see in the dark.
- Gray mouse lemur hibernates, but what is strange is that they hibernate even when it's not cold.
- Their fur changes colors depends on the enviromnent to help camouflage them from predators(ADW).
- Gray mouse lemur jumps from branch to branch. They also have good sense of seeing and hearing.
- Their long tails help them leap and speed up.
Reason of Endangerment
- Gray Mouse Lemurs are endangered because treer are cut down(Wikipedia).
- Their nests are destroyed and therefore they do not have a place to stay.
- They also get eaten by predators because of loss of habitats.
- To help these innocent animal to survive by donating money to the S.F zoo donation box.
- Gray mouse lemurs are known as the smallest living primates, imaging saving one of them it is like saving one of your kind.
Lemur pieszczoszek :) (Lori Sonya :)