Vista Oaks Update
A great place for your child to grow
Byron and East Bay News
Friday, November 22, 2019
- November 22nd: High School Casino Night TONIGHT!
- November 25th-29th: Thanksgiving Break, campus is closed
- December 9th - 14th: Pajamas Spirit Week
- December 11th: Parent Workshop and Breakfast (flyer below) 10-11:30
- December 11th: Parent Advisory Committee Meeting (all parents are welcome, info. below!) 11:30-12:00
- December 11th: Dine-Out Fundraiser - MOD Pizza
- December 13: High School Winter Ball
T shirt forms are available in the Oak Room!
WALL BALL MURAL WINNERS!
We're so proud of our artists! They're working hard on their murals and are making our school beautiful!
PARKING LOT MESSAGE FROM BYRON EXCELSIOR MIDDLE SCHOOL PRINCIPAL, ERIKA PARLOG:
This message was sent to all Excelsior Middle School fmailies and Mrs. Parlog asked me to pass it along to our families:
We are currently experiencing an increase in parking lot challenges that are creating safety concerns for students, parents, and staff. I wanted to send a reminder with the parking lot procedures so everyone is aware of the before and after school expectations when it comes to entering and exiting our school site. If you are fortunate to have someone (friend or relative) that assists with carpool duties, please forward this message to them so we can be sure everyone has the proper information.
PARKING LOT SAFETY We [Excelsior] have over 540 students and everyone is dropped off and picked up at the same time every day.
The RED LINE indicates two-way traffic. Please do not pass cars by driving the wrong way in the other lane. There will be a car coming at you before you know it, and then we have a bottleneck that is difficult to clear. The line will back up just before pick up time, but will clear shortly after the bell rings.
The GREEN PLUS indicates parking lots. If you arrive before the bell, please choose a parking spot. If you line up in the driveway before the bell while there are spots available, you prevent people arriving after you from being able to park. Please be courteous to all by choosing to park as long as there are spaces available. Just beyond the red line in this picture is an additional parking lot nearest the 6th grade wing.
The YELLOW CIRCLES are drop off loops. Please, for your child's safety, only drop off/pick up your child when your car is in the lane next to the sidewalk. The loop outside lane nearest the curb is for drop off/ pick up, the interior lane is to enter/exit the loop.
Finally, the two exits on Byron Highway are EXIT ONLY. At no time of day are these gates to be used as entrances. The only legal way to enter our school campus is from Byer Road.
Family Dine Out Fundraiser - MOD Pizza
10:30am - 10:00pm
5411 Lone Tree Way
Come support Vista Oaks Leadership by eating your meals at MOD Pizza. Mention you are there supporting our school and we receive 20%! Follow this link for information: https://www.groupraise.com/events/108275
Parent Advisory Committee
We will meet on December 11th after the Parent Educator Breakfast from 11:30-12:00. Location to be determined.
Silly Costume Fundraiser
Would you like to see one of your teachers dressed in a silly costume all day in class? If so, you are in luck!! Students (and parents) can vote the week we get back from Thanksgiving for the teacher they want to see dressed in a silly costume. The cost is $1 per vote and all money raised will go toward the instillation of a new information board that will be placed outside of the Oak Room.
2020 FBI Teen Academy
College Board Opportunity Scholarship--Juniors & Seniors
Did you know you can qualify for scholarships, just by completing the necessary steps to prepare and apply for college?
Juniors can get involved starting in December! Seniors should already be participating, as their opportunities are only available through the end of February.
- 1. Students should join the program by signing in with your existing College Board account (same one you used for the SAT and PSAT/NMSQT) or you can create an account if you don't have one.
- 2. Click on the yellow Earn Scholarships button at the top of the homepage.
- 3. You should review the official rules on the Opt In screen and click Agree. Then you're ready to start turning your efforts into scholarships!
Seniors--steps you should take now after completing the above steps...
- 1. Students should complete the FAFSA form to apply for financial aid. You must provide a screenshot of your FAFSA confirmation email if selected for the scholarship (undocumented and international students are exempt).
- 2. Students should apply to at least two colleges they want to attend and submit the names of the colleges to earn an entry for the scholarship. Students may earn one additional entry for every additional college application after their first two, up to a maximum of six total applications.
Scholarship Opportunity for Seniors!
30-Second Scoop Featured Scoopers Wanted
Please fill out this form and return it to Amy if you are interested in being a featured Scooper. Write clearly and be sure to have your parent sign it!