The Bethune Bulletin
"To Engage, Inspire and Educate..."
Week of May 16-20, 2016
District Core Beliefs
· Our main purpose is to improve student academic achievement.
· Effective instruction makes the most difference in student academic performance.
· There is no excuse for poor quality instruction.
· With our help, at risk students will achieve at the same rate as non-at risk students.
· Staff members must have a commitment to children and a commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
Bethune Key Actions
- We will use our District's core beliefs and philosophy to develop a culture of feedback and support to increase the quality of instruction.
- We will improve the quality of Instruction across all content areas and for each sub-group by engaging students in rigorous work and higher order thinking skills.
- We will use data-driven and differentiated instruction to progress monitor and increase student achievement.
- We will engage and develop strong relationships with parents, community and volunteers to increase our college and career readiness levels.
School Goals for 2015-2016
- 75% or higher Passing
- 20% or higher Advanced Performance
Message from Ms. Hernandez
Week at a Glance
Monday, May 16
Tuesday, May 17
ARD @ 1:00 pm (I. Morales)
Campus Action Planning after-school
Wednesday, May 18
Thursday, May 19
PTA Performance @ 6 pm
Friday, May 20
ACPs Specials Written
- Attendance on Gradespeed before 9:00 a.m.
- Lesson Plans due Friday by 8:00 a.m. to CICs
- Grades updated on Gradespeed weekly
Please be prompt with picking up and dropping off students before and after lunches/specials.
- May 18-26-ACPs
- May 23-Team Leaders Mtg./Attendance
- May 27-AR Store