North Ohio Elementary
October 2023 Newsletter
- NOE Book Fair- October 2nd through 6th
- PTO Meeting- Tuesday, October 10th @ 3:30
- Picture Retake Day- Thursday, October 24th
- Halloween Celebrations- October 31st
- No School/PD for Staff- November 1st
- Parent Teacher Conferences- November 6th-10th
- No School/PD for Staff- November 15th
Safety Updates: In the month of October, we will be practicing fire and lockdown drills.
Special Items: Hearing screenings
Weather permitting, we will have an outdoor parade and will share the time through Bloomz once it is firmed up. Please note that if it rains, the parade will be cancelled and not rescheduled.
Century Club Readers
- 100 books/logs: certificate and name in the announcements
- 200 books/logs: book mark and indoor reading pass (we will designate days and times when kids can come to the library, pick out a comfy chair and read or complete a fun reading activity with a peer )
- 300 books/logs: Principal Read Aloud (with snacks!) in the library
- over 300 books: students will be entered into a drawing for books, gift cards, and more!
Remember, in kinder and first grade, a log is a small book or about 5-10 minutes of reading. In 2nd and third, it transitions to reading chapters or about 10-15 minutes of reading. Don't overthink it, just enjoy reading with and to your kids!
Notes from PTO President Alyssa Michalewicz
As we slip into fall, our PTO is beginning it's work on our regular, annual fundraisers, as well as taking on some new initiatives:
- Visit our fall bookfair from October 2nd-6th to stock your shelves with new, engaging titles for your developing readers!
- Encourage your little artists to complete an entry into our School Spirit T-shirt Design Contest (entries available beginning Oct. 16th)!
- Remind your students to give it their best shot at our fall guessing game (Oct. 23rd-27th)!
- Join us for our monthly meeting on October 10th at 3:30 pm (and bring your kiddos in for NOE's new KIDS CLUB while you attend)!
A great big "Thank You!" is in order to Knaebe's Mmmunchy Krunchy Apple Farm for donating apples to all NOE students in celebration of Johnny Appleseed Day!
We would also love to formally welcome long-time member and volunteer Jessica Halstead to our board as our new Vice President!
Cold Weather Approaching
- Please do not block the intersection, driveways, or streets.
- Please stay in your vehicle at all time; if you need to get out of the car, plan on parking in a parking spot.
- When it is raining or heavily snowing, we will keep students in the gym. Expect a slight delay.
- Please make sure, if at all possible, that your child enters your vehicle using the door that is closest to the curb.
- Have your student name signage visible.
Gaylord Youth Basketball Association
Registration for the 2023-24 Gaylord Youth Basketball Association rec. league opens September 18th. All students in grades 3 – 6 are encouraged to join us for skill development and game play. The season starts with a skills clinic. There is at least one practice a week and Saturday morning games from Nov. 11 through Dec. 16 (skipping Thanksgiving weekend). There are also open gyms on Sundays. Please join us!
A Note From Your New PE Teacher, Theresa Payton!
Let me introduce myself! My name is Theresa Payton and I will be your student’s PE teacher this year. I believe in providing a quality education to help each child achieve their potential in and out the classroom. Daily physical activity has many benefits for kids, such as increasing their energy, focus, and readiness to learn and reducing stress and anxiety.
To prepare your student for success please make sure on PE days they have clothes they can easily move in and closed toe shoes.
The goal of PE is to develop skills needed to be lifelong physically active adults. To encourage this I recommend at least 30 minutes of daily physical activity such as family walks, going to the park, dance parties, or organized sports.
If you have any questions or concerns please reach out either by email or phone.
989-731-2648 ext 1630