Harris Weekly Update
OCTOBER 18 - OCTOBER 22
- 1ST Quarter Report Cards went home on Friday, 10/15. Please be sure to check your child's backpack. Parents will need to sign the report card envelope and return it to your child's teacher ASAP.
PTSO is gearing up for our Fall Fundraiser! Get ready for some yummy cookie dough, popcorn and other treats! Also new this year, stainless steel, personalized water bottles! Help us earn some funds to provide new and updated furniture for the library! Fundraiser will start October 22nd. Be sure to check your child's backpack for information on how to order.
Thank you for all your support!
THIS WEEK AT HARRIS
*PTSO Meeting @ 3:30 (Library)
*Peter Piper Pizza Family Night @ 4:00-8:00 (Gilbert/Baseline)
*1hr Early Release @ 1:55PM
*PTSO Fall Fundraiser Begins
*PTSO Fall Fundraiser Continues ALL Week.
*Red Ribbon Spirit Week
*Pajama Day "Dreaming of Making Healthy Choices"
*5th & 6th Grade Battle of The Books
*Team Jersey or Harris Shirt Day "Be a Team Player, Make Healthy Choices"
*HALF DAY @ 11:55AM
*Wear Red "Make Healthy Choices"
*Sunglasses & Neon Day "Healthy Choices will help create a Bright Future"
*Black & Orange Day "Healthy Choices aren't Scary"
IMPORTANT DAILY SCHOOL REMINDERS
- Handicap Parking is for those that either have a designated plate or sticker prominently displayed. DO NOT park in this zone if you do not have a plate or sticker.
- There is NO LEFT TURN when leaving the Harris parking lot during the hours of 2:30PM-3:00PM
- Students cannot arrive on campus until 7:45 AM as there is NO School Supervision until this time. For the safety of your child, please be sure they are not left unattended.
- Reminders: Parents will not be allowed inside the building without prior approval. Safety for our children must remain top priority.
- Please remember to bring your ID when picking up your student during school hours. This is for the safety of your student.
- The cut-off time to pull students out early is 2:35PM (1:35PM on Weds) If you arrive after this time to sign your child out, you will have to wait until the dismissal bell rings.
- We understand life happens and there are times when you may be late after school to pick up your child. Please be sure to communicate with the front office if this should occur. Otherwise, we expect your child to be picked up on time as school ends promptly @ 2:55 PM (1:55PM on Weds) (11:55AM in half days)
What Does It Mean To Be A Title I School?
Title I is the largest federal aid program for public schools. Schools can be designated as “Title I” if certain criteria are met. Title I is the federal government’s commitment to closing the achievement gap between low-income and moderate to high income students. These funds are used to help all students meet academic standards. Click the links below to learn more!