July 27, 2020
- Front doors will continue to open at 7:20 for those who need an early drop off.
- Students will report to the hallway near their homeroom class where they will sit socially distanced until the 7:35 bell rings.
- Teachers and morning hallway monitors will be available to assist students to the appropriate place each morning.
- At 7:35 all doors will open and students will report directly to their homeroom class. The tardy bell will ring at 7:45.
- Parents will not be allowed in the building at arrival, but will be met at each entrance by a Whiteside staff member.
- Parents will screen students at home each morning for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Breakfast will be delivered to classrooms each morning.
- All students will have access to free breakfast.
Students will utilize hand sanitizer and/or hand washing stations with soap and water in every classroom.
Students desks will be sanitized after breakfast.
- Students will be seated as far apart as possible depending on room configuration, size, and type of seating - either desks or tables.
- Students will stay in their homeroom and teachers will rotate, including art and music.
- Students will take scheduled classroom restroom breaks.
- Water fountains will be closed, students will need a water bottle.
Students will be assigned a Chromebook and charger (PK/K- Ipad). They will take it home each evening and bring it back each day.
Shared lockers will not be used, student backpacks will be allowed.
- Masks will be required for students in 4th and 5th grades, and will be recommended for all other students.
- Lubbock ISD will provide each student with one reusable mask, and students are welcome to wear their own mask from home.
- Disposable masks will also be available as needed.
- All staff members will be required to wear masks throughout the day.
- Teachers in PK - 2nd grade and music will have access to clear masks for instruction.
- Students will attend lunch in the cafeteria, one grade level at a time.
- Students will be seated 6 ft apart, 2 students/table, and tables will be spaced 6ft apart.
- Parents will not be allowed to eat lunch with students at this time.
- Students will have assigned seats, and floor spots will be used to encourage social distancing while going through the serving line and entering and exiting the cafeteria.
PE and Recess
- Students will continue to attend PE each day.
Whenever possible, physical education classes will be held outside to allow for maximum physical distance between students.
To the greatest extent possible, coaches will limit the use of physical education equipment and eliminate the use of equipment that would be passed between or shared by multiple students throughout a class period.
At this time Walking Wednesday will be closed to outside guests.
Students will attend recess each day, we will utilize different locations for recess each day to limit the number of students in one area for at a time. Students will stay with their homeroom class.
Playground equipment will be sanitized between uses.
- We will stagger our dismissal for students to limit the number of students exiting the building at one time.
3:25- 3rd, 4th, 5th-
Grade levels will dismiss out specific exits to assigned areas and students will wait for pickup 6 feet apart.