Why Carnegie is better than Vanderbilt and Rockefeller
2. Andrew Carnegie donated much of his fortune to fund libraries (about 3,000 of them), schools and universities.
3. We have Andrew Carnegie to thank for the advent of free public libraries.
4. He funded and had constructed 7,000 church organs.
5. He founded and owned Carnegie Hall in New York City.
2. In 1901 Carnegie created a national scientific research institution that would be a resource for all universities.
3. Established in 1895 with the purpose of celebrating art, science, music and literature. Built at a cost of $20 million, the institute has a library, art gallery, music hall and museum of natural history. Among other natural wonders, the museum displays two dinosaurs, Diplodocus carnegie and Apatosarus louisae, named after his wife.