PLC Improving Student Reading
Jessica, Lisa, Isabelle, Anne, Elaine
Over the course of the school year, every student will improve one level on F & P
Strategies UsedDaily 5 centres & Guided Reading
Home Reading Program
We made Lisa go to Vegas :)
Most of our students in grades 2 & 3 were below grade level at the beginning of the school year.
Group wanted to look at new ways to improve the readings levels of the students.
We also focused on the Growth Mindset book by Carol Dueck and looked at the strategies she suggested.
| || |
- All students have improved at least one level in F & P except for 2 students out of the 3 classes of grade 2.
- Most improved by more than 1 level according to the F & P assessment
- One student went up six levels!
- By visiting ELL groups, they also had some small group instruction to help them with their language skills
- The Daily 5 Centres really helped