World Languages Webinar Series
2 session webinar series beginning January 7 OR April 27
Writing in the World Language Classroom
The Written Word: Where There Are Words, There is Magic!
The two virtual sessions in Adobe Connect are from 4 - 6 PM. Additionally participants are expected to complete 3 hours of work on the Moodle assignments.
This blended learning workshop series is designed to:
• Explore writing as a process and for a purpose
• Develop an understanding of the national and state world language standards for writing
• Compare world language and common core standards for English Language Arts
• Explore writing tasks and strategies in the world language classroom
• Examine the connection between reading and writing
Who Should Participate?
K-12 World Language Teachers
$15.00 for entire series
You MUST attend both sessions and complete all assignments to earn SCECHs (7 in total).
Blended Learning Series Schedule:
Sessions facilitated by Dr. Anne Nerenz, Eastern Michigan University
Session 1: Thursday, January 7, 2016 OR Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- Introduction to Writing in the World Language Classroom
- Letters and Characters
- Words and Groups of Words
-Follow up assignments due by January 11 and 13 OR May 1 and 3, 2016
Session 2: Thursday, January 14, 2016 OR Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- Discussion of alignment of documents and activities from Session 1
- Formulaic Phrases and Writing Sentences
-Follow up assignments due by January 18, 21, 25, 28 and February 1 OR May 11, 15, 18 and 22, 2016