Second Grade Happenings
November 15, 2015
Last week seemed to fly by! Second graders worked hard learning the ins and outs of video production with Animoto. They began crafting a video of their PLTW project describing their efforts in the engineering design process. Hopefully they will be ready to share next week.
I will be sending home Scholastic Book Orders on Monday. Orders are due by Friday, November 20th. You can also order online. Our class code is GNP7J.
Grandparents Day is a little less than a week away. Please return the form that was sent home earlier if you have not already.
- Opinion Writing
- Nonfiction text features
- Determining main idea and details
- Adding and subtracting larger numbers
- Presenting information using Animoto
Books We've Read
- Click, Clack, Boo
- Gooney Bird and the Room Mother
- Coral Reefs
- Creepy Carrots
Pictures from Our Week
Dates to Remember
- Mon., November 16 - P.E.
- Tue., November 17 - Music
- Wed., November 18 - Art, Library check out,
- Thur., November 19 - Mass Media
- Fri., November 20 - P.E.
- Tue,, November 24- Grandparents' Day: 2nd grade 11:15-12:15
Writers' Workshop - Improving opinion writing and transition words
Math Workshop - Measurement, area and perimeter
Inquiry Workshop - Research