Fork Shoals Library Ledger
April 2017 Newsletter
3rd Quarter Reading Challenge Results
All participants have been recognized on a poster outside of the library. Additionally, the following top readers for each grade level were given special prizes.
- Kindergarten - Will Garrett
- 1st grade - Gibson Medearis
- 2nd grade - Emmi Shipman
- 3rd grade - Gavin Newhouse
- 4th grade - Lex Phillips
- 5th grade - Janna Bahdini
South Carolina Book Award Winners
For information on next year's Book Award nominees, scroll to the bottom of this newsletter.
4th Quarter Reading Challenge
Your child's goal: Read as many books as possible between now and May 19th. Reading logs must be turned in to Ms. Knight no later than Tuesday, May 23rd. We’ll have prizes for those who read the most in each grade level, and every participant will receive recognition!
All students have received reading logs. You can also print out a reading log here. (If your child reads more than 50 books, you can continue recording books on this blank reading log.) List books as you complete them. Remember that books can be counted only once, and only books finished should be recorded.
2017-18 South Carolina Book Award Nominees
See the videos and lists below for the 2016-2017 South Carolina Picture and Children's Book Award nominees. A promo video for the Junior Book Award nominees is also included for those moving on to middle school next year.
YouTube Channel for the Fork Shoals Library, featuring school videos and book trailers for the South Carolina Picture and Children's Book Award nominees.
Dates to Remember:
- April 4 - SIC meeting, 7:30am
- April 5 - Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast, 8:30am
- April 9-15 - National Library Week
- April 10-14 - Spring Break
- April 17 - Makeup Day #3 (No school)
- April 21 - Spirit Night at Carolina Indoor Sports
- April 28 - Spirit Day
- April 29 - Antique Tractor & Engine Show/Student Talent Show