What is an RNA Virus ?
what is it ?
- RNA virus is a virus in which the genetic information is stored in the form of RNA (as opposed to DNA)
One example of an RNA virus.
- Influenza is an RNA virus t is also a highly contagious viral infection of the respiratory passages causing fever, severe aching, and catarrh, and often occurring in epidemics.
- sore throat
- runny or stuffy nose
- body aches
- sometimes diarrhea and vomiting
Are there medicines to treat the flu?
- Yes. There are drugs your doctor may prescribe for treating the flu called “antivirals.” These drugs can make you better faster and may also prevent serious complications.
- Stay away from others as much as possible to keep from infecting them. If you must leave home, for example to get medical care, wear a face-mask if you have one, or cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue. Wash your hands often to keep from spreading flu to others.
GOT QUESTIONS ?
- CALL YOUR DOCTOR OR GO TO THE HOSPITAL (THEY KNOW BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE !)