Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
Related to pregnancy
SIDS is related to pregnancy because once the mother gives birth, the baby can seem healthy but suddenly die.
- Abnormal Sleeping Position
- Sleeping With Parents
- To Soft of Bed
- Premature Birth
- Being Around Cigarette Smoke
The disease in called Sudden Infant Death Syndrome so the only symptom would be Death.
The only way to treat SIDS is you have to know your baby has SIDS and once you find out, you need to have him/her on life support to take care of the ABC's (Airway, Breathing, and Circulation).
There is only one complication that I could find and that was Cardiac Arrest.
- Baby needs to sleep on its back
- Firm bed, no soft bedding or lots of toys
- Don't smoke around your baby
- Keep your baby close but not in bed with you
- Breast feed your baby as long as you can
- Immunize your baby
- Consider using a pacifier to put your baby to sleep
- Keep your baby from overheating
- Steer clear of products that says it reduces the risk of sids
- Keep honey away from infants under 1
Sad piano (this will make you cry) by Michael Ortega