Frankenstein Final Project
1. 'The labours of men of genius, however erroneously directed, scarcely ever fail in ultimately turning to the solid advantage of mankind.'" (Chapter 3, pg. 34 Shelley)
2. " beheld those he loved spend vain sorrow upon the graves of William and Justine, the first hapless victims to his unhallowed arts." (Chapter 8, pg. 73 Shelley)
3. 'When I looked around I saw and heard of none like me. Was I, the, a monster, a blot upon the earth from which all men fled and whom all men disowned?'" (Chapter 13, pg. 105 Shelley)
4. "'from that moment declared everlasting war against the species, and more than all, against who had formed and sent forth to this insupportable misery.'" (Chapter 16, pg. 121 Shelley)
5. "'All his speculations and hopes are as nothing, and like the archangel who aspired to omnipotence, he is chained in an eternal hell.'" (Chapter 24, pg. 194 Shelley)
6. "'Oh! Be men, or be more than men. Be steady to your purposes and firm as a rock. This ice is not made of such stuff as your hearts may be; it is mutable and cannot withstand you if you say that it shall not. Do not return to your families with the stigma of disgrace marked on your brows. Return as heroes who have fought and conquered and who know not what it is to turn their backs on the foe.'" (Chapter 24, pg. 198 Shelley)
7. "'Seek happiness in tranquility and avoid ambition, even if it be only the apparently innocent one of distinguishing yourself in science and discoveries.'" (Chapter 24, pg. 200 Shelley)
Understanding the Quotes
1. He thought he was taking responsibility by trying to take a dead man and reanimate him, later though it would be the worst decision of his life.
2. He is understanding that he has to take responsibility for his mess up and that it will affect him for the rest of his life because he knew that its his fault for their deaths.
3. Victor should have at least helped the creature to understand the basics in life but instead he left the monster to fend for itself.
4. The monster vowed revenge on The frankstein last name for the hard times that he has had to go threw, instead of helping the monster in life.
5. Victor knew that he messed up and should have taken the responsibility to end it but let him grow and become more of a threat.
6. Victor is saying that these men when they go back to their homes to love and cherish the people that they are acquainted with.
7. He is taking the responsibility of warning others to not take on dangerous projects and to live life to the fullest.
Modern Day Connections
http://humanresources.about.com/od/success/qt/responsible_s5.htm -- This website shows how you can take responsibility in your life and try to do the right thing like Victor was trying to do at the end of the book.
http://tinybuddha.com/blog/take-back-your-power-and-start-loving-your-life/ -- Tiny Buddha is saying that you need to take your life back and to start loving it, because they say if you don't you live a miserable life. If Victor was to take this advice he would have taken a larger responsibility and would have ended what he created.
Shelley, Mary Wollstonecraft. Frankenstein: Or, the Modern Prometheus. New York, NY: Signet, 2000. Print.
"Frankenstein Final Project." Smore. N.p., 01 Jan. 1970. Web. 13 Nov. 2015.
Frankenstein." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, Aug. 2005. Web. 13 Nov. 2015.
"When You Take Responsibility, You Achieve Your Dreams." About.com Money. Susan M. Heathfield, Nov. 2015. Web. 13 Nov. 2015.
"Take Back Your Power and Start Loving Your Life." Tiny Buddha. Lindsey Kasch, 20 Sept. 2012. Web. 13 Nov. 2015.