by Tyler, Alexis and Tristan
The reason people eat at fast food restaurants?
People eat fast foods because fast food is available, its inexpensive, it tastes good, it's convenient and because many people cannot cook. Although people know that fast food is harmful to their health, they still continue to take it every day. Fast foods contains sugar which is addictive.
What you really should be eating.....
There are many ways to enjoy good food while still being healthy. You can find many foods that are little in calories and high in proteins. All you have to do to stay healthy is stay away from fast food and many foods with trans fat. Being in good physical shape and eating the right things can increase your life span and add on to years you should be living.
For breakfast, the most important meal of the day, you should be eating many proteins including meats, eggs and carbs. For lunch, try to stay away from the foods with trans fat and the fast foods. You should be eating meaty foods. For dinner anything with carbs or proteins, like pasta and meats. Sometimes you can even alternate to a salad. On special occasion desserts would be a nice treat.
A Fun and Healthy recipe
2 cupscooked, mashed pumpkin or 1 can (16-ounces) pumpkin
4medium or large eggs
2⁄3 cupvegetable oil
3 1⁄3 cupsflour
2 teaspoonsbaking soda
1⁄2 teaspoonbaking powder
1 cupraisins (or other dried fruit)
1 cupchopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Oil and flour two 9 x 5 loaf pans.
- Beat together pumpkin, eggs, oil, and water until well blended.
- Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add raisins and nuts to flour mixture.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture. Stir just until mixed.
- Pour half the mixture into each loaf pan. Bake for about an hour, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- After the bread has cooled for about 15 minutes, it should come out of the pan easily. When completely cool, wrap bread in plastic.