News and Updates from Mrs. Adelman - November 11, 2022
To all who have and continue to serve - thank you!
This edition includes:
This edition includes:
- Veteran's Day Thank You!
- Important upcoming dates
- American Education Week information and links to RSVP
- From the Desk of Mrs. Adelman - Food drive information - starting next week
- Fall fundraiser information
- Warwick PTO highlights - Glow Dance Party information; fundraising information; November happenings
- Note from Mrs. Langlois - Physical Education
- November lunch menu
- Community Flyers: Bucks County Symphony Orchestra flyer
November 14th - November 18th: American Education Week - please see schedule below for specific grade level times to visit classrooms.
Wednesday, November 16th: Picture Retake Day
Thursday, November 17th: General PTO Meeting - 7PM- Warwick Library
Friday, November 18th: Second Grade Field Trip; K.I.S.S. Glow Dance (more information below)
Wednesday, November 23rd - Friday, November 25th: No School - Thanksgiving Break
American Education Week
American Education Week
November 14-18, 2022
American Education Week is an opportunity to visit your child’s classroom and watch your children in action as they learn something new, participate in a curricular activity, or give a special presentation for visitors. This year, Central Bucks School District invites you to join us the week of November 14-18, 2022.
We invite you to come and join us, remembering that cell phone use while in the school is not permitted, and that this is an “adults only” visit as small children may disrupt instruction during this time
Please see Warwick's scheduled times below. use the links to RSVP so that we can prepare visitor badges. Please don't forget your Photo ID!
We ask that you only visit during the assigned time(s) for you child(ren)'s class for safety, security, and parking.
- AM Kindergarten: Tuesday, November 15th from 9:30 - 10:30 for reading and math. Click the link to RSVP https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508094DA9AA2EA3FC1-amkindergarten
- PM Kindergarten: Thursday, November 17th from 1:40 - 2:40 for reading and math. Click the link to RSVP https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508094DA9AA2EA3FC1-pmkindergarten
- Grade 1: Wednesday, November 16th from 9:30 - 10:15 for phonics. Click the link to RSVP. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508094DA9AA2EA3FC1-1stgrade
- Grade 2: Thursday, November 17th from 9:10 - 9:55 for math. Click the link to RSVP https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508094DA9AA2EA3FC1-2ndgrade
- Grade 3: Thursday, November 17th from 10:15 - 11:00 for math. Click the link to RSVP https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508094DA9AA2EA3FC1-3rdgrade
- Grade 4: Friday, November 18th from 2:00 - 2:45 for reading and writing. Click the link to RSVP https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508094DA9AA2EA3FC1-grade1
- Grade 5: Tuesday, November 15th from 10:00 - 10:45 for math. Click the link to RSVP https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508094DA9AA2EA3FC1-grade
- Grade 6: Wednesday, November 16th from 2:00 - 2:45PM for science/social studies. Click the link to RSVP https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508094DA9AA2EA3FC1-6thgrade
From the Desk of Mrs. Adelman - Food Drive
Warwick Food Drive to Support the Central Bucks Farmers Market, November 14th - 21st!
From Monday, November 14th - Monday, November 21st Warwick will host a food drive to support the CB Farmers Market. The Market provides food assistance to many Warwick and Central Bucks children and families on the second and fourth Thursdays of every month.
Please consider donating the following items: Pasta, Pasta Sauce, Tuna, Canned chicken, Rice, Beans, Peanut Butter, Jelly, Canned vegetables (no green beans), Canned fruit (100% juice), Applesauce, Cereals.
The CB Farmers Market has worked very closely with us to provide food assistance to Warwick families in need. Therefore, a significant portion of your donations will go directly to supporting Warwick families. Your children may bring donations to school from Monday, November 14th - Monday 21st or families may drop off donations during American Education Week. We will have boxes set up in the main atrium by the main office for the donations. If you’re interested in learning more about the CB Farmers Market, please see the information below.
The CB Farmers Market at Barclay started in 2019 as a monthly market that distributed free produce. At the start of the pandemic, we recognized a significant need in our community, across all 23 CB schools, with many families needing food assistance for the first time in their lives. As our operations grew, so did our network of amazing individuals and community organizations—all of whom are committed to addressing food insecurity in the Central Bucks School District. By our estimates, 1,500 CB children may experience temporary or chronic food insecurity—a statistic which should not exist in a community with our resources. Our completely volunteer-run and managed organization was founded on two beliefs: 1) During times of need, which we all experience in one form or another, we should be able to count on the compassion and support of our neighbors; and 2) Our community’s collective commitment to our children is a bond much stronger than all of the other forces that might otherwise divide us. Thank you for your continued support.
Check Writing Campaign - PTO Fundraiser
We are overwhelmed and humbled by the outpouring of resolve, resilience, and support for our children at Warwick Elementary while we have all been faced with radically altered lives over the past two years.
We are grateful for all the ways parents have stepped up to provide meaningful programs, teacher support, and community building. Now we are asking for your financial support, too. The primary PTO fundraiser this year is our Check Writing Campaign. The Warwick PTO, teachers, and our young students need your support more than ever because the needs today are perhaps greater than they were during “normal” times. We are committed to supporting Warwick teachers and staff to help them provide optimal experiences for our children in the classroom.
We have not actively fundraised since November 2019 and we have stretched our budget as far as we can to while avoiding individual fundraisers (any type of THON, selling candles, selling wrapping paper, selling cookies, etc.).Traditionally, we only fundraise every two years and we would like to keep that going! The Warwick PTO provides assemblies, author visits, class trips, teacher allocations, field day support, KISS Events (Kids Invite Someone Special), school improvement projects, hospitality for teacher luncheons, etc.
Your support enables us to continue to fund these important projects and add new ones every year!
We have currently raised $8,415 with fifth grade in the lead. Help us reach our goal!
Interested in learning more about Warwick PTO - Follow us on FaceBook. Warwick Elementary PTO - this is private group.
- Friday, November 18th: 80s Glow party - flyer below
Spirit Wear Sale: Please click to order spirit wear!
HELP NEED: COMMITTEE CHAIRS NEEDED!
All questions related to PTO can be directed to email@example.com
Note from Mrs. Langlois - Physical Education
Just a friendly reminder that on PE days students should wear sneakers. This helps keep everyone safe. Thank you!