Team Tortorello Newsletter
1st Grade Sherwood
Important Information and Dates
Monday, January 20: No School MLK Jr. Day
Saturday, February 8: PTO Carnival 11-2 PM
Friday, February 14: No School - Institute Day
Monday, February 17: No School - Presidents' Day
Friday, February 28: Early Release at 1:36 PM
Carnival Basket - Message From Room Parents
Hello Tortorello Families,
Our class chose “Gift Cards” for the class carnival basket. We are asking for numerous and a variety of new gift cards in the amount of $10, $25, $50 or anything higher if you’d like. Please send your gift cards to school with your child to turn into Mrs. Tortorello. We ask that you put them in a sealed envelope with the amount written on the envelope to help us organize the basket in a magnificent and desirable way to get a lot of bids! Please turn the gift cards in by Friday, January 24. We greatly appreciate your generosity!
We’d like to have local special gift cards - please, no Target :) Some ideas….
Asian Foot Spa (or any Spa)
Class Pass/Core Power/ Shri
Anything else you can think of would be great!
If you have any questions, please contact Katie Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
iRead - Week 1
Valentine's Day Celebration
Questions to Ask Your Child
- Can you add to this short u word list: hug, cub...?
- Can you add to this long u word list (e at the end): huge, cube...?
- How many minutes did you read for iRead this week? (ask if your student can suggest different strategies to solve the problem - draw it out, write an equation, use a number line, use your fingers, skip count, etc.)?
- What is the best part of you?
- What was something kind you did this week?
- What was a challenge you overcame this week?