The Weekly Memo
Everything comes from love, all is ordained for the salvation of man, God does nothing without this goal in mind.--Saint Catherine of Siena
September, 4 2015
Staff & Student Spotlight
- Great discussions & productivity in PLT's.
- Patience, flexibility, and teamwork with MAP testing.
- Successful Back to School nights! Thank you for your hard work and continued dedication to our students.
- Middle school houses did a GREAT job decorating their doors to represent their Saints.
- Great preparation for Mass & beautiful singing by students!
- Please sign up for Oktoberfest if you haven't done so already. You can follow the link to secure your spot.
- Please keep in mind that Oktoberfest dismissal will begin on Tuesday. Please DO NOT park in the back on Tuesday and the rest of the week if at all possible.
- Please stay tuned for morning arrival procedures. There will come a point when morning drop-off will be restricted to the front only. However, Kim will assess that situation and update us as we near that transition.
- The Mass schedule (purple) has been updated and placed in your boxes. Please place that in your binder. It has also been updated on CKS Connect.
- The updated Mass/House schedule will be forthcoming.
- Committee meetings are scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 8th. Your committee chair will make contact about a meeting location and prepare needed materials.
- All those trained as Extraordinary Ministers should attend a "refresher course" about the Precious Blood Tuesday, Sept. 8 @ 3:15, in the Cathedral, prior to attending individual committee meetings (especially those on the middle school list). However, it might be beneficial for others in the event we need a fill-in at middle or all school Mass. Should take 20-30 minutes. Tina Troiana, who is in charge of Extraordinary Ministers for the parish, will instruct.
- If you teach Religion, you will need a discipleship component as discussed in the faculty meeting. This should be an extension of your curriculum. For example, if you study Saints you could send home a small statue with a prayer and reflection journal. Perhaps, you focus on the Rosary. You could send home a "special" Rosary for families to use together. The goal being to engage the family!
- PLT meeting minutes should be sent to Paula, Amy, and Kelley by Tuesday.
- If you are participating in the book discussion, Family Fully Alive, please turn in your hours and a copy of the form at the end of the five week session. Amy will document your total hours on the spreadsheet and place a copy of the certificate in your personnel file. Always keep a copy for yourself and/or binder.
- If you have any maintenance requests, please send them to Paula first for approval.
- Red sub folders should be complete and visible in classrooms. As we begin walkthroughs, please have them on your desk!
- Bio's are due, please send those to Vince.
- Please be mindful of copy paper as we ran out before the month ended.
Save the Date:
- September 7: NO SCHOOL
- September 8-11: Morning Duty
(Zivkovic-Front & Kiffmeyer-Back)
September 8: Eucharistic Minister Training, Committees, 8th Grade Parent Meeting, Mad Mushroom Lunch & Spirit Day
September 10: House Challenge
September 11: NO SCHOOL/OKTOBERFEST BEGINS
September 12: OKTOBERFEST