How to Stay Safe in Cyber Space
Can Internet usage be neutralized?
Do not give out personal data.
Things not to share:
- Full name
- and even your birthday
Do not Get Hooked.
Rules of Thumb:
- Do not reply to messages that ask for personal or financial information
- Do not click on links within the message
- Do not copy and past the links in a web browser, because phishers can still send you to a different site
Also, be weary of any suspicious links, websites, etc., that could send a virus (i.e. trojan horse) to crash your computer.
- Ignore harassing or rude comments.
- Save or print the evidence of bullying.
- Tell an adult and also contact the site administrator if you are bullied/harassed.
- Respect others online, like you would want to be respected.
- Do not share your password, unless it is with a parent/caregiver,
- Use privacy settings.
Works Cited (Information)
(n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.nsteens.org/Videos/Cyberbullying
Barton, R. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.commonsensemedia.org/advice-for-parents/internet-safety-tips-elementary-school-kids
Graham, D. (2007, September 18). Internet safety. Retrieved from http://www.docstoc.com/docs/34336761/internet-safety-flyer-tri-fold-_