KP Monday Memo
September 14 - Week 4
What is in here?
September 15 - Department Supervisors - BLDG
September 15 - MS Department Meetings - 3:00pm
September 16 - CSI - Building-Completing our Charter
September 17 - Riverfront Recapture - Garnet Team
September 17 - Safe School Committee Meeting - 3:10 in the Library
- Students evaluating multi-variable equations
- A ninja being freed using inquiry questions as they unlocked the mystery of a current event
- Students being active after school connecting with peers and adults
- Social Studies students sharing information about themselves with their peers through the creative decoration of paper dolls
- Staff members expanding their knowledge of technology integration
- Students writing about themselves from an alternate perspective and conferring with peers and/or the teacher about their writing
Students brainstorming service learning opportunities
Teachers using tongue depressors to “cold call” on students during a preview of their geography text
Students using a mnemonic acronym, “Mr Help” to learn aspects of geography
Students discussing interviews they conducted of people alive on 9/11/2001
Students interviewing each other to build inquiry skills, then writing to practice and build informational writing skills
Teachers handling complex comments and thoughts from students in a calm, measured, and thoughtful manner
Students singing about marvelous things and preparing for select choir auditions
Garnet and Emerald students mingling with each other in the cafeteria with a maturity that we knew they had
Counselors supporting students' digital literacy by focusing on what it looks like to good citizen online
Welcome our newest staff member to the KP Family
Kimberly Springman - Special Needs TA
I am Kimberly Springman and I am a Special Needs Teacher Assistant. Before arriving at KP, I worked as a Para in Special Ed at the Middle School of Plainville, at Naylor School in Hartford, and as a Library Assistant at Classical Magnet School in Hartford. I have a BA in Sociology from the University of Richmond. Activities that I enjoy are hiking, kayaking, and traveling.
Kimberly Springman - Special Needs TA
You're a GEM
- Marisa Tamayo from colleague Jennifer Ukanowicz-Parrett for helping me speak to a Spanish speaking parent over the phone.
- Matt Bannon and Kate Kiesewetter from the Ruby Team for taking the time to investigate Twitter and learn it so that you can teach the rest of the Ruby team! Also, thank you for helping Gina with her first tweet!
- Kate Pearson from colleague Gina Pudo for getting me out of a Nearpod jam!
KP No Photo List - Where to Find It!
- click on 15-16 KP News Shared folder in your drive
- click on Student Information/Verification/BYOD/Intramural Grid
- click on No Photo List
Let's get our families pumped for Open House with 3 Words. (click on the pics below to enlarge). Please submit your photo (individually/as teams/partners) by Friday 12noon. ALL STAFF encouraged to submit! Need more info, check out the GMA video included at the end.
Volunteer - KP Vegetable Garden
Love the teams and administrators making the learning visible! Check out what's happening.
Check out our Family Newsletter: The KP Connection
CHEER FUND NEWS
Our first pay day is right around the corner! Please consider contributing to the Cheer Fund, $30 for full time staff and $20 for part time staff. With our contributions we are able to celebrate with our KP family during happy times and lift our colleagues up during difficult times. Cash or checks (with “cheer fund” in the memo section) can be given to Gina Pudlo. Thank you!
Upcoming Professional Learning Opportunities
Culturally Responsive Book Club Book Group --Check it Out
CT Statewide Family Engagement Conference --Sept 25th
Resources to Check Out: Working on Big Rock 2-Staff Wellness
Homework Study Information
West Hartford Relay!
Do you like to run?
The West Hartford Relay is excited to bring back the Kids’ 5-mile Relay for kids ages 2 through Grade 5. Runners will circle Blue Back Square and pass the baton in front of Town Hall on Main Street.
Kids in grades 6-12 are invited to participate in our 20K Relay this year! A 5K course will begin and end in front of Town Hall on Main Street. Each team is comprised of 4 runners.
Grab your siblings, friends and classmates and form a team. Wear your school spirit shirts, team jerseys, or create a fun team uniform with your friends! Don’t miss an exciting way to have fun while staying fit!
Click on the link for more information!