Shepard Staff Updates
September 14, 2018
To Do and Thank You
To Do (New):
1. Monday, September 17th is Constitution Day. The district video is on YouTube and all teachers need to show it sometime on Monday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz4VbkzIYh0 (closed captioned)
2. Check out the 2018 released STAAR tests - https://tea.texas.gov/student.assessment/STAAR_Released_Test_Questions/
To Do (Rolled over from last week):
1. Please consider joining PTA - They do SO MUCH for us!
2. Keep making positive phone calls home and reminding our students/parents of all the AMAZING things we have going on here at Shepard!
3. Please forward any information about student absences to Diane - she needs this to track excused and unexcused absences. Also, if you have received a yellow truancy card - make sure to make parent contact ASAP to encourage students to be at school everyday! More information about truancy is towards the end of this Smore.
1. The Third Grade team super graciously offered up their rooms for GO time next Tuesday - You rock!
2. A HUGE thank you to all the staff who attended Sock Hop last night - the students love to see you up here having fun!
3. Awesome job, Spring Renz, being flexible with your students and always being willing to try new strategies to help your students be successful!
4. Shout out to the 5th grade team, Angela Williams and Julie Herrera for figuring out how to work together to help Staci get all the 5th grade IRI's done on time!
5. Our Friday Morning Assemblies are off to a fabulous start thanks to Dana Sosebee!
Week of September 17: 4th grade CoGAT (new students) and 3rd and 5th grade CoGAT make-up testing
September 17 - Constitution Day - Make sure you show the video linked above
September 18-21 - Kristin out for conference - Feel free to come see me if you need anything! Erin has a TON of make-up CoGAT testing, so she will have limited availability.
September 18 - GO classes for Professional Development offered from 3:30-5:00 at Shepard and Sigler
September 20 - SEL Parent Education Session at 6:00
September 21 - Last day for T-TESS Goal Conference
Week of September 24: First Grade CoGAT
September 26 - Kristin and Kate out in the morning for Principal Meeting; Staff Meeting after school
September 27 - CMIT all day in grade levels
We already have a few students with tardy/absence issues. Here is the quick information about truancy and the google link at the bottom is to the truancy document in our Shepard 2018-2019 folder. We are trying to be very proactive, so that hopefully no one gets to the point of truancy court.
If you get a yellow sheet in your box this means you have a student with tardy/absence issues. Please come see Diane or I if you have any questions or concerns – we are happy to help!
o Assistant Principal/Secretary will give the teacher a copy of the student’s report and a Truancy card to indicate that it is time to contact parents for 3 or more tardies and/or absences (please check with Diane that a note was not turned in before calling about absences).
o Teachers will contact parents first and return the completed truancy card to the Assistant Principal.
o Please write notes of the conversation and a date and time. Please state who you talked to and what was said. Truancy cards become official court documents if and when we have to go to truancy court
o Please DO NOT turn in a truancy card with “left a voicemail or no answer”. You will need to continue to try and contact the family until you speak with someone.