Just Google It! Round 2
Google Drive Follow Up
Google Drive...getting everything in one place.
Please let me know what I can do to help. Next week we will be doing Google Forms. Be on the look out for a Round 3 invite.
To create a folder in Google Drive on the web, follow these steps:
- Click the red Create button at the top left of your Google Drive.
- Select Folder from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a name for the folder.
- Click Create and the folder is created in My Drive
Here is a short video to show you how to add and delete folders. Click Here
Key tip is to decide if you want to convert the file to Google format so others can edit or just upload so others can view.
Share Options with Folders and FIles
Choose how visible to make your file or folder"
Read Below from Google help or click here to watch a short video.
You can control how visible your files are to other people, from keeping files completely private to allowing anyone on the web to see them.
To choose who can see your file or folder:
- Sign in to Drive or a Docs, Sheets, or Slides home screen.
- Open the file or folder.
- Click Share for files or the Share icon for folders in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click the dropdown menu below "Link sharing on" in the sharing box.
- Select a visibility option. To see a full list of options, click More. These options include:
Visibility optionDefinitionSign-in to a Google Account required?
Specific peopleYou are the only person who can access the file or folder until you share it with specific people or groupsYes (to edit or comment)
Anyone with the linkAnyone who is given the link to the file or folder can access itNo
Public on the webAnyone can access the file or folder on the Internet through search results or the web addressNo
- If you picked “Anyone with the link” or “Public on the web”, click the drop-down arrow next to “Access” to choose whether users have permission to view, comment, or edit the file or folder if they open it. Then click Save.
- Click Done.