June 1 ,2020
Dear Assistant Principals,
This will be the last newsletter for the summer! Thank you for a great year of leadership, flexibility, and resilience. This spring has been quite a challenge. However, our toughest demands coupled with exciting opportunities are ahead of us. Your leadership will be so important!
Have a great summer of rest and relaxation as you strengthen your leadership for the renewal, rebuilding, and hope that August will bring. We will have the ability to reinvent social and emotional supports for students and adults, innovate instructional practices, and increase our commitment to creating cultures of belonging in all our schools. It will be tough work and your tireless and inspirational leadership will be more important than ever!
Have a wonderful summer!
Your Student Services Team
Assistant Principal Updates and Information
- BOY Checklist for AP's will be posted in mid-July - stay tuned!
Globe Life Graduations:
June 26th - Central; June 27th - Timbercreek; June 28th - Keller High; June 29th - Fossil Ridge
Resource for those interested - Equal Justice Initiative founded by Bryan Stevenson - Just Mercy
In Case You Missed it Last Week:
- LEGAL REMINDER:
If you or your staff members receive a subpoena by email, fax, mail, or in-person service please forward it to Amanda Bigbee immediately. The rules for civil and criminal subpoenas are different, so it's important that you forward it to legal without responding to the sender. Amanda will need to know how you received it when you forward on to her.
Please use the following links for important information from technology
- The Transfer window is closed. We will be working to process all transfers as soon as possible for campus review.
- Great resources for families in the areas of counseling and SEL. These sites are updated often:
Keller U is around the corner!!!! There are so many great sessions. Here are links to a few you might like!!
- K-6 Administrators of RTI/ SIT meetings: You won't want to miss Keller U Session KU071: "A Standing Ovation for the K-6 SIT Leader" Register at this link for next week's session!
- KU217 Using StudySync to Meet the TEKS For E1-E4 teachers, co-teachers, librarians, and administrators
- KU218 Literacy Leadership Team: Foresight is 2020 For current LLT members, as well as 20-21 leads, administrators, librarians, and anyone who would like to participate in leadership planning for next year
Aeries - Update
Thursday, June 4, 2020
9:00 – 10:00am CDT
Basic Overview of Aeries for Read-Only Users
Thursday, June 4, 2020
Basic Overview of Aeries
Joe Baker - Area Director of Student Services X1083
Stephanie Cantu - Student Services Assistant X 1115
Laura Lockhart - Area Director of Student Services X 1105