Feb. 5-9, 2018
Monday - Wednesday, we will be reading fables, answering questions using details from the text, defining vocabulary words, summarizing, and identifying the moral. Thursday & Friday, we will do the same as we read fiction stories.
Writing & Spelling
During our Writing time this week, we will be working on persuasive writing. The students will learn how to state their opinion, outline 3 supporting reasons, and then give facts that support each of the reasons.
In Spelling, we will focus on words containing /ah/ spelled aw or o, analogies, antonyms, and homophones.
Monday & Tuesday, we will learn about the culture of 4 Native American tribes that migrated to and settled in Missouri - the Missouri, Iowa, Osage, and Sac & Fox. Wednesday, we'll learn about the first Europeans to explore and settle in Missouri. Thursday, we'll create a timeline that shows the various people groups that moved to and settled in Missouri. Friday, we'll learn about the desires and the struggles of the early American pioneers.
- Tuesday, Feb. 6 - Dental Education Program 1:30-2:00p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 6 - Art Club 4:10p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 6 - CiCi's Pizza Night 5-8p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 6- Summer Adventure Enrollment opens
- Wednesday, Feb. 7 - MAD Science 4:10p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 7 - Garden Club (red) 4:10p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 8 - Early Engineers Lego Club 8:00a.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 8 - PTA Skate Night 6-8p.m.