Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety
by Ivy & Maria
Kids and ever adults should stay off the road if you are not driving or ridding in some way. All ways be aware and alert when near the streets and moving cars, or cars in general. If you are not in a vehicle, you should always wear protective clothing and bright clothes so that you are noticed. Children should not be near the road at all alone, always chaperone a child near the streets and cars.
- Wear helmets and reflective clothing
- Always yield to pedestrians
- Use the hand signals
- Have lights on the front and back of the bike
- Obey the rules of the road like everyone else
- Cross the road only where they are allowed.
- Stay on the sidewalk if there is one.
- Watch for cars that are turning or backing up.
- Make eye contact with the drive if you are about to walk in fount of them, make sure they know you are there and see you.
- Be aware in parking lots