Mrs. Weegar's First Grade
Week of February 3, 2014
This Week's Spelling List
Austin Weighty Word of the Week: Lexicographer-one who makes dictionaries
Austin Quote of the Week: "A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." -William Shedo
- We are going to be talking all about money this week!
- We will identify and discuss the value of a penny, nickel, dime, and quarter.
- We will identify the heads and tails side of coins.
- We will identify the features of pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters.
- We will count amounts of money less than $1.00 using these four types of coins.
Science and Social Studies
- We are going to continue discussing the properties of pebbles, sand, and silt.
- We will be participating in science rotations amont the four first grade teachers.
- This Wednesday will be High Tech High Touch day! You will not want to miss this! A scientist will visit our class for an in-school field trip as we investigate pebbles, stones, and rocks even more!
Thursday and Friday
February Citizenship Skill: Respect-Honoring people and caring about their rights.
For Your Calendar...
-2/5 High Tech High Touch in school field trip!
-2/7 Rise and Shine Assembly
-2/7 100th Day of School
-2/11 PTO Meeting at 6:30
-2/14 Classroom Valentine Party at 1:45
-2/14 First Day of 1st and 2nd Grade Clusters begin today during E Time
-2/17 Student Holiday-no school
-2/28 First Grade Chili Cook Off