Middle School Transition Night
When: 4.28.16 @ 6:00pm
Media Center @ West Mecklenburg High School
Special Shoutouts to:
- Sgt. Saunders, Major Oxendine, and JROTC CADETS for escorting, speaking, talking to other students, and always looking sharp.
- Principal Jones and AP Bundrick for welcoming parents and answering questions.
- Ms. Rivera for speaking on behalf of the Guidance department to differentiate for parents the difference between Middle and High School, and other Guidance Counselors for being present!
- Social Worker Ms. Thomas for organizing the sign-in table, speaking about the importance of attendance, and promoting the Love and Logic Way Parent Nights for WM families.
- Ms. Forst and Karazsia for presenting to parents and students on Tips for Success in High School.
- Teachers who spoke on behalf of their subject, club or sport! (Marquitta Mitchell, Derrick Moore, Sherri Moore, John Luke Stewart, Vernon Hunter)
- AP Brown, Dean Potts, AP Smith, Dean Williams, and anyone else and all who helped show support through presence and discussion with families!
Approximately 15 copies of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families were given to families who participated in discussions, took pictures, and answered questions. Families who attended expressed how beneficial the information was. We look forward to welcoming our rising freshmen.