Hells Angles Motorcycle Club
By: Jack Christie and Geoff Shunway
The Hells Angles Motorcycle Club remained in California until 1961. The first branch of the criminal organization to open out side of California was in Auckland, New Zealand. The motorcycle club continued to expand in most of the states in the U.S.A. They also opened up branches in around 30 other countries. Something that helped its growth was pop culture and creation of the organization iconic image was pop culture. One movie in specific was the 1954 Marlon Brando film The Wild One. The clubs preferred form of transportation is a Harley Davidson Motorcycle. The Hells Angle Motorcycle club is a massive organization today.
History Of The Leader
Crime/Contact with the Law
This gang and its members have been convicted of many violent crimes. These crimes consist of drug dealing, extortion, trafficking illegal goods and they are even involved in prostitution. The group denies that they do these illegal activities. They insist that they are just a group of people who want to ride motorcycles together. Some of the other crimes that the some of the members are murder, assault and weapons possession. Despite this group say that they are not criminal their history says other wise.
Due to all the illegal activity in the Hells Angles Motorcycle club many members have been arrested. Currently there is a petition of their website to release one of the members who is currently imprisoned. There was also a raid recently on one of the headquarters after a women was found beaten outside of it. They are also being monitored constantly by the FBI to watch for any illegal activity. This motorcycle club is marked as a gang in the majority of countries they are in, this includes the U.S. This motorcycle club does many illegal thing but these actions do not go unpunished.
- Must have valid drives license and a motorcycle of 750cc.
- They exclude people who have been convicted for child immolation or people who applied to be a police officer or a prison officer.
- Prospective members must become a "hang around" where they are invited to some of the meetings to meet the full members.
- The next step is to become an associate.
- Then potential members are labeled prospects after 1 or 2 years of being an associate.
- The last step of becoming a full member is that all the current full members in a certain branch must vote on the prospect and if the vote is unanimous the person can become a full member and join.