What Will You Find-A in China?
A look at China
By: Mike Rank Jr. HR:5
Click Play to enjoy Traditional Chinese Music...
Traditional Chinese Music Fire 02 by abelchan4
-Head of State is called the President.
-Current President is Xi Jinping.
-Although China is technically atheist, a majority of the time the government turn their head and lets their people freely worship.
-There are approximately 70 million Chinese people that have a religious faith. Most of these 70 million are Buddhists, Taoists, Muslim, or Christian.
-Over 50% of the population is agriculturally employed.
-1/10 of China's land is arable, yet somehow they are still a world leader in the production of rice, tobacco, corn, barley, soybeans, and peanuts.
-The elderly are very respected, and children are expected to care for their aging parents.
-Families want to have male children. They are seen and prized as heirs to the family name.
Customs and Traditions:
-A slight bow is normal while greeting.
-Chopsticks are used for all meals.
-The official Language of China is Mandarin.
-There are also many other languages that residents speak, such as Wu, Min, Yu, and Kejia, but everyone understands the same written characters.
Arts and Literature:
-Horse racing is quickly becoming one of the most popular sports in China.
-Many people practice the art form of Calligraphy (elaborate writing).
China Vs. Germany (The Tale of Two Powers)
1. People's way of life: Together.
2. Sometimes early/ Sometimes late.
3. Hide displeasure.
4. Focus on others rather than thyself.
5. Avoid many problems.
6. 3 hot meals a day.
7. Modern day transportation: car.
8. Respect their bosses.
9. Like to try new things.
10. China's Area: 9.6 million sq km.
1. People's way of life: Solo.
2. Always exactly on time.
3. Show when upset.
4. See themselves as important.
5. Run right through problems.
6. Two cold meals, one hot per day.
7. Modern day transportation: bike.
8. See boss as an equal.
9. Avoid new things.
10. Germany's Area: 357,000 sq km.
1. Surrounded on all sides by world powers.
2. Growing rapidly in all areas.
3. Very strong feelings of Nationalism.
4. Strong Military Powers
5. Have been Communist at some point.
Geography of China
Population: Over 1.3 billion and growing by the second.
Major Cities: Shanghai, Tianjin, Shenyang, Wuhan, Guangzhou, Chongqing, Harbin, Chengdu
Area: 9,596,961 sq km
Bordering Countries: 14!
Coastline: 14,500 km
Highest Point: Mount Everest at 8,850 m
Lowest Point: Turpan Pendi at -154 m
River: Has the Yangtze River- 3rd Largest in the world.
Lay of the Land: Very mountainous.
(see bottom for answers)
1. Why is China pictured as the bigger force?
2. What problems does the US face in the future if China overtakes us as the largest economy in the world?
1. Their economy is rapidly growing, and is ready to "attack" the other powers of the world.
2. The US could fall into an Age of Depression similar to the Dark Ages in Europe or Era of Humiliation in China. This could happen, because we could become so far in debt, that we no longer have the power to provide our people with the bare necessities needed to survive. The United States as we know it could fall into ruins.