CORONADO HIGH SCHOOL
International Baccalaureate Career Specialty Campus
Looking to leave the Coronado feeder pattern? Wait! Read this.....
Did you know that if you leave the CHS feeder pattern as an incoming 6th grader, go to another middle school and play sports, then want to return to CHS as a 9th grader you will not be eligible to play UIL sports at the varsity level as a Mustang?
Coronado High School has so much to offer and we want to keep our Mustangs! Read below for information concerning our new specialty offering at CHS.
Diploma Programme (DP) Courses
As part of the IBC requirements students will complete at least 2 DP courses at either a standard level (on-level course), or higher level (P-AP/AP course). The 2 DP courses must be taken in the junior & senior year at CHS and are part of the basic requirements to graduate in the state of TX.
- English 3 (standard level)
- English 4 (standard level)
- English 3 AP (higher level)
- English 4 AP (higher level)
- History of the Americas 1 (standard level)
- History of the Americas 1 (higher level)
- History of the Americas 2 (standard level)
- History of the Americas 2 (higher level)
The CP Core
Students in IBC will be enrolled in a "Personal & Professional Skills" course that spans the junior and senior year and is designed to develop attitudes, skills and strategies to be applied to personal and professional situations and contexts now and in the future. Within the PPS course students will have the opportunity to work towards completion of the other 3 components of the CP core:
- Service Learning - the development and application of knowledge and skills towards meeting an identified and authentic community need
- Reflective Project - students identify, analyze, and critically discuss and evaluate an ethical issue arising from their career related study (architecture & construction, business management, culinary, or engineering)
- Language Development - encourages students to improve their proficiency in a language other than their best language
- Architecture & Construction
- Business Management
We will be adding additional career pathways in the future.
Who is IBC for?
Out of District or the CHS Attendance Zone?
- Engineering - Project Lead The Way
More Information To Come
If you have questions before then about anything IBC or CHS related, please feel free to stop by, call, or email. We'd love to hear from you.
Coronado High School
Associate Principal: Brian Ellyson
Assistant Principals: Katina Carlile, Jason Trook, Tyler Trout, Zakarl Wadley
IBC Coordinator: Dana Gustafson
Lead Counselor: Mandy Ledbetter
Special Services Counselor: John Paul Sheppard
Counseling Team: Lea Ann Brown, Tammy Johnson, Kristi Shields, Diandra Warden, Debra Denson-Whitehead