Opportunity to Give and To Obtain Assistance
Compassion and Relationships:
Building relationships and compassion are among our core values at Tega Cay Elementary and this Holiday Season we want to give our students and families the opportunity to do the following:
1) Opportunity to give through our Compassion Tree (formally our Angel Tree)
2) Opportunity to obtain assistance for holiday needs through our community partnerships (Please note that deadlines range from October 25-November 8)
If you have questions in regards to donations, please reach out to Kristen Motte, School Counselor at email@example.com.
Angel Tree this Year = Compassion Tree
Therefore, when we launch our "Tree" the items listed will be items needed by: Fort Mill Care Center, Habitat for Humanity, and the Humane Society of York County.
In November, there will be a sign up uploaded HERE (UPDATED link with sign-up) for you to decide which items on the list you would like to donate, if you wish to do so!
We hope you will consider taking advantage of this opportunity to teach our students about compassion and building relationships through giving back to OUR community.
Once you select your virtual items, please bring them to the TCES Front Office on or before Friday, December 6.
Thank you in advance for this act of compassion and community partnership!
Background of the switch from the Angel Tree to the Compassion Tree:
The Angel Tree program traditionally provides new clothing and toys for children of families in need, which is the project we have participated in as part of previous years and some of the other schools continue to participate in. This year we decided to change our project focus to offer support to a number of agencies that help the community and those in need. As part of changing our focus we changed the name of the project in order to avoid confusion with the previous projects. When looking for a name for our new project we decided to tie it into the core values at our school and selected the “Compassion Tree” to give it some similarities to the previous project and root the new project to the core values.
- Friday, November 15: Send sign up link to parents and link here
- Monday, November 18: TCES will begin collecting donations-send in with your child or drop off at the TCES Front Office
- Friday, December 13: Deadline to turn in donations
Fort Mill Family Care Center
One of the community partners we're working with is the Fort Mill Care Center for qualified residents of Fort Mill and Tega Cay.
This center provides assistance with food, propane, power, heat, medicine and much more to the citizens of Fort Mill, SC (see flyer below). If you feel your family could benefit from assistance this holiday season from the Fort Mill Care Center, please visit them at 2760 Old Nation Road Fort Mill, South Carolina 29715. The deadline for requesting support for Christmas is November 1st. There is no application process prior to arriving at the center.
However, make sure you bring the following items:
- Social Security Card for each family member
- Proof of income
- Proof of address
In addition, this organization also provides turkeys and ham during the holiday season. The process to receive these items begins on November 1st. Please follow the same process listed above.
FMCC can provide the following:
- Food (once every 28 days)
- Utility Bills (must be in the client's name and within 5-7 days of disconnect status-maximum aid of $250.00, once every 3 months)
- Prescriptions (Help for conditions such as: blood pressure, diabetes, antibiotic-amount must be at least $10.00
- Dental Help (referrals for emergency extractions)