First Grade News
What We Are Learning This Week
English/ Language Arts
In skills block, students will write using short o words and blends with l.
In writers workshop, students compose a small moment personal narrative.
In readers workshop, students will write an opinion about a text and back up their thinking with text evidence.
-ip word family
Examples: sip, flip
-ick word family
Examples: sick, pick
Please work with your child on the word family. Our goal is for them to have a better understanding of phonemic awareness instead of memorizing a list of words.
UPCOMING DATES TO REMEMBER
- 10/21- Parent Picnic Day
- 10/24-28 Book Fair & Red Ribbon Week
- 10/25 Fine Arts Night 5:30-7:00
- 10/28- Parent Picnic Day
- 11/1 50's Day
- 11/4 Carl E. Schluter Day at Outdoor Learning Center
- 11/4 End of 2nd Six Weeks
- 11/7 3rd Six Weeks Begins
- 11/8 Election Day
Red Ribbon Week October 24-28
- Monday- "I will Sock It to Drugs." - Crazy sock day.
- Tuesday- "Love Yourself and Say No." - Wear hearts or as much red as possible.
- Wednesday- "I am Drug Free, and My Future is Bright." - Dress as your favorite career.
- Thursday- "I am a Hero. I have the Power to Say No to Drugs." - Wear a superhero t-shirt. (no costumes)
- Friday- "Living Drug Free is No Sweat"- Wear your work-out attire or sweats.