Come to Kepler 22b
Intro to Kepler 22b
This Earth like planet a large chance of being habitable. It is recognized as a rocky planet with mostly water, with a nice average temperature of 72 degrees. However, the travel would take many lifetimes.
The Pros of Kepler 22b (and interesting facts)
- It is one of the best canidates for an Earth 2.0.
- It is slightly closer to its Sun then we are, which means warmer temperatures.
- Due to a striking resemblance to "Namek" a planet from Dragon Ball Z, fans of the show have created a petititon to officially change the name of Kepler 22b to Namek.
- The planet has no moons or rings.
- The length of one year is 289 days.
- The diameter is 19,000 miles.
- It's 79 million miles from it Sun, which is only 13 million miles different from our planet.
Cons of Kepler 22b
- The distance from Earth is 214.4448 TRILLION MILES!
- It's 620 light years away.
- Traveling at the speed of light, it would take 620 years to get there.
- Traveling realistically? Try 23 million years.
- The gravity could potentially be 2.4 times stronger than Earth.