March 6, 2017
I hope you had a wonderful weekend and are rested up for a fantastic fun-filled American Education Week. It is going to be awesome! I cannot wait to see all of you dressed up and to help celebrate all of the wonderful things that you do for our students at FHN. Enjoy your week! Below is KOE's plan:
KOE is excited to announce that we will be celebrating American Education Week next week, March 6-10.
In your mailbox, you will find a detailed list of everything going on for the week, but here are the highlights:
Theme: "Things You Love to Love"
Dress Up Days: (There will be a fashion show in the Learning Commons Monday-Thursday)
- Monday: We Love to Love Being Lazy.
- Tuesday: We Love to Love Our College Day.
- Wednesday: We Love to Love Holidays.
- Thursday: We Love to Love Vacations.
- Friday: We Love to Love FHN.
As in years past, raffle tickets will be given out all week, and we will raffle off donated gift cards on Friday. There are lots of ways to earn raffle tickets, all of which are highlighted on the sheet in your mailbox. There will be a grand prize for the person who collects the most tickets.
Lunch will be provided Thursday, March 9, 2017.
KOE is super excited to celebrate you!
- Congratulations to James Dohrman on being a Partners STEM Award Winner. We are very proud of him. He was one of sixteen students who were selected from St. Charles County.
- Congratulations to Matt Riffee on being District Teacher of the Year.
- Congratulations to Jacob Lintner on being the Missouri State High School Journalism Student of the Year.
- Congratulations to Sarah White on being presented the stag-to-staff award from Christine Edwards!
- Congratulations Joe Brocksmith for being selected to receive the student choice award!
Knights @ 90: FHN currently has 87.91% of students attending 90% of the time.
*** Teachers- Below is the link for you to submit your February Attendance numbers for 1st period. Last month only 10 teachers responded and three of those did not fill out their name in the Google Form. Please make sure to do this correctly so your class will be eligible for the incentive. Thank you! ***
Behavior Leadership Team met on 3/3
Sharing strategies for re-energizing students this time of year
Restorative Academy Update
Look to share motivational strategies soon in Knight Notes
Technology Committee will be meeting on 3/8after school in the Main Office Conference Room.
Chris Witthaus will be presenting on Google Teams on 3/16 during lunches. Please use the following link to sign up:
STAFF COMMITMENTS--TO BE REVISED
2016-2017 Staff Commitments to the Learning Environment
In order to improve the climate/environment at FHN, the staff commits to:
- building positive relationships with students and staff members.
- listening to the concerns of others and by helping to problem solve those issues.
- helping students to see the relationship between effort and success.
- being open-minded to new ideas.
- addressing any inappropriate behavior immediately to help set an expectation of appropriate hallway and classroom behavior.
- giving clear and consistent expectations for device use and by enforcing them.
- counting tardies consistently.
FHN will be hosting the Awaken Project Assembly on Friday, March 10th. The assembly will focus on drug awareness. Joe Richardson and Jeff Mozingo have teamed up and travel nationally to tell their story. Joe lost his son, BJ to heroin. BJ was a student at Howell North. Jeff uses his music skills to the presentation. You can learn more about the Awaken Project by visiting http://www.awakenproject.org/
Here is the schedule that we will be utilizing for that day. I wanted to get it out to you so that you could plan accordingly. It was created by one of our staff members, and we got feedback through DCs and PLOT. The goal was to have each student have the opportunity to touch base with his or her teacher on this day.
March 10, 2017
1st hour: 7:20-7:40
2nd hour: 7:45-8:05
3rd hour: 8:10-8:30
4th-7th: Regular Schedule
Please let me know if you have any questions.