SSR Project #1
By, Cat Gomes
- Three things I loved:
1) This book is very fast moving. You're never bored, even when the main character is just sitting doing nothing, it's somehow intense, and that was something I enjoyed.
2) There is not to much relationship parts in this book. There is some, but when he is thinking about the girl he likes, there is always something that interrupts, and I like how the author skimmed over these parts.
3) There is a lot of action, and twists and turns in this book, and also the villains win sometimes.
- Two things I did not like about the book:
1) I didn't like the beginning of the book because it was based in the future, and I was sort of confused, but throughout the book the author explains what happens which makes up for it
2) I also didn't like some of the characters, they just seemed sort of out of place with the story line.
- One connection I made with the text: The book's setting is in modern times Scotland and Wales. I am Scottish, and used to live there, so I am familiar to the references in the book, and the language, the Scottish quotes I recognize.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is your favourite quote from the book?My favourite quote is, "Not minding is the trick. The only trick." Pg. 7
In a life of death situation, would it be a good last read?
Absolutely not, it is a really good book, but if you can only read one last book, this is not the one. Only because it ends with a huge cliffhanger and the next book doesn't come out until December 2015...
Would you recommend it? Why? Who would you recommend it to?
I would definitely recommend it, because it is a very gripping book, and keeps you on the edge of your seat throughout the whole book, especially at the end. I would recommend it to anyone would likes action, and people who can handle blood and gore because there is quite a bit in it.