What do the Dietary Guidelines do for Americans?
2. A eating plan
Getting enough nutrients within your calorie needs.
2. a food that provides high amounts of vitamins and minerals for relatively few calories.
How to main a healthy weight.
2. Diabetes, Heart disease, High blood pressure, Some types of cancer, Arthritis.
3. Health problems. Increase their weight.
4. Physical activity and small decreases in food and beverage calories can help.
Suggestions for being physically active every day.
2. 60 minutes or more.
3. Get involved in a team or individual sport. Walk briskly or ride a bike rather than ride in a car or bus.
Importance of whole grains, fruit, vegetables, and milk.
2. Protect against heart disease and cancer.
3. Make whole-grain products the star of your meals. Enjoy fruit or vegetables with meals and as snacks. Eat fruit instead of sugary dessert.
How to limit fats and cholesterol
2. Heart disease.
3. Cutting back on fat.
Be choosy about carbohydrates.
2. such as candy and soft drinks.
3. They promote tooth decay.
Why reduce sodium and increase potassium.
2. High blood pressure, heart attack, and stroke.
3. Counteract sodium effects on blood pressure.