Let Me Ease Your Pain!
A Career as a Physical Therapist
What's so Great about Physical Therapists?
With a median yearly pay of $79,860 per year, this career is well worth the expense of education and training. But it's not all about money. Physical therapy is a career where you can make a difference in the lives of many people from improving their mobility to managing their pain. (1)
Employment rates for physical therapists are expected to grow faster than most other occupations. (1)
Physical therapists can work in a variety of settings including hospitals, clinics, health centers, and nursing homes. (2)
The median annual pay for physical therapists is much higher than the national average. (1)
About Physical Therapy Careers
A Day in the Life...
- Read each patient's doctor referrals and medical chart.
- Diagnose issues through observation, discussion, or other methods.
- Create a care plan for each patient.
- Work with the patient with hands-on activities or equipment.
- Track each patient's progress and adjust the plan as needed.
- Provide education to patients for the best recovery or outcome. (3)