November 16, 2012
Its Hurricane season!
The Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale
Hurricanes come in many diffrent powers due to diffrent conditions. The Saffir- Simpson Scale is based of a 1-5 scale on how much wind speed and how much damage is done.
1. wind speed 74-95 mph. No real damage to building structures. Most damage to unanchored mobile homes, and trees.
2. wind speed 96-110 mph. Some roofing material, door, and window damage to buildings and also considerable damage to crops and vegetation.
3. wind speed of 110-130 mph. Some structural damage to small buildings with a minor amount of structual support.
4. wind speed of 131-155 mph. Well built homes will have alot of damage done to their extirior structure.
5. wind speed of 156 mph or above. Well built homes will be totaly leveld and most residential areas will uninhabital for months