Education and Family Background
What made him famous?
- Lifetime Achievement Award of the American Society of Media Photographers
- Art Directors Club Hall of Fame
- Infinity Award of the International Center of Photography
- Kind of Blue album cover for Miles Davis (best-selling jazz album of all time)
- Five Sports Illustrated Swimsuit covers
- First two covers of the New York Magazine
- Twelve years of advertising with United Technologies
What he and others have said about his work
Quote from Jay: "If you're really lucky, you can structure your work, on rare occasions, to where you're doing exactly what you would like to do. which is to wander around, blindly looking for things, without any preconceived notion. That's the way I like to do it."
- Many people such as Miles Davis and Marilyn Monroe have approved of his work.