The Disney Effect
By: Zachary Villasenor
Theme Park - Tommorowland
Disneyland has many strict rules and guidelines for there cast members to follow to insure guest satisfaction, a couple examples of these are...
- A cast member is never allowed to say "I don't know." If a guests asks a question that they don't know the answer to, they have to pick up a telephone and call an operator.
- The cast members playing characters have to follow specific guidelines so that each autograph looks identical. That way, no matter who is in the Mickey costume, the experience is the same.
- Visible tattoos, tongue piercings, and ear gauges are not allowed
- Cast members who wear glasses can't wear frames that display logos or brands.
- If you work at Disney, you cannot talk about what you do on any social media platforms.
- A cast member always stays in character. Any characters outside the Disney universe simply don't exist in the Disney parks.
- Disney cast members are not allowed to point with one finger. Instead, they must use an open palm or two fingers
- In order to get a job as a face character at Disney, you have to look the part. To play a Disney Princess, the actress should fall between 5’4″ and 5’8″ tall.
...By following these guide lines cast members at Disney are able to help pull of the effect of Disneyland actually coming to live, and provide a sense of exploration and magic.