Water Pollution Killing the World!
By Aeryan Harbin
what is happening ?
Water Pollution causes lots of water born illnesses. It is the biggest issue in the World. Water pollution comes from untreated sewage, run-offs, the use of pesticides ,and fertilizers. Clean water is important because it can contaminate the public health, humans can only live without water for a few days, and if the water is polluted and we drink it, it can kill us, animals, and species.
China has a big annual run-off in its river daily. China has treated the sewage poorly , people has used a great amount of use of agriculture fertilizers and pesticides. 60% of the country's river is polluted and cannot be used as drinking water sources.
In India the largerst source of water pollution is untreated sewage. Mostly all surface water is polluted.India lacks funds and treatment for the problem with water pollution.
75% Russia surface water is polluted, and chemical contaminated. There are no funding for Russia and that has caused heavy pollution issues and waterborne illnesses has spread.
What is the Solution to the pollution problem ?
- Being careful of what you throw down your sink or toilet.
- Don't throw oils or chemicals down the drain.
- Don't over use pesticides and fertilizers, this will prevent runoffs of the material into nearby water sources.
- Don't litter into rivers, lakes, or oceans.
- Reuse plastic water bottles, and use metal silverware.
- Raise a fund or donate to donations for water pollution for these countries.